(Help Please) My "Phones" output is not bring out any audio

Forums Forums Other A&H products (Help Please) My "Phones" output is not bring out any audio

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of HollowTheNoobie HollowTheNoobie 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of HollowTheNoobie
    HollowTheNoobie
    Participant

I was disconnecting my speakers jack that was connected to my “Phones” output on my Zed10fx when I plug it back the output wasn’t working nomore, I try with my headphones and I can’t hear no audio it all, I’m a little afraid my output may have burn or something. I will really appreciate if some one would help me troubleshoot this mess, thank you 🙏

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@hollowthenoobie

I have seen badly earthed and not-at-all-earthed speakers where voltage can be dumped on the audio connection causing damage to an output stage.
    So it is possible.

Presuming you were connected to the headphone 1/4″ TRS Jack output, to troubleshoot, I would suggest switching the monitor output to ‘phones’, switching all ‘phones select’ switches out, so you should be hearing the main mix, and ensure you can get signal from the main outputs. Then connect the RCA monitor outputs to something and turn up the monitor level.
    If you get something from the main and monitor output, but not the headphone output, it would suggest a hardware issue with just that output.
    If you get something from main, but not headphones or monitor, it may be a switch or internal routing issue.

To get your ZED checked over and repaired if necessary, please contact your local distributor (https://www.allen-heath.com/community/distributors/).

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of HollowTheNoobie
    HollowTheNoobie
    Participant

Thank you I actually end up finding out what was wrong, I had plug my mixer into a 4 split way outlet so it was getting very little power, I noticed when I was checking my mic that needs the 48V and neither the Power Led or the 48V were on, so I decided on pluging it straight to the wall and there it was working like always, I hope my post helps some ppl with poorly outlet managing 😂, not enough power it was my problem, thanks for your time answering my questions.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.