Guest Artist and Show Files

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions Guest Artist and Show Files

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Elphie Elphie 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jgussler
    jgussler
    Participant

I have a guest musical artist coming in this weekend and they are bringing their show file with them. What do I need to make “safe” so that it does not mess up the output patching on our iDR? Is their anything else I need to make sure it goes off without a hitch?

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Store all to a scene and also save a scene with just the patchbay included, Save your SHOW! Backup to USB! You could then import your Patchbay scene into their Show to recall your patching set up.
    After their show recall your Show file and your store all scene.

Profile photo of jgussler
    jgussler
    Participant

So do I do a USB scene transfer or just save the show? How would I import just the scene into their show if I only export the SHOW to USB?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

You can use the USB Scene Transfer to import your patchbay scene into his Show file once this is loaded, as Stix suggests.
    Or you can use the USB Scene Transfer to import a bunch of scenes from the guest engineer’s Show into your existing Show file. Before importing, you can filter out (block) scene content, for example the Patchbay and Port A/B settings such as ACE Redundancy.

Either way, bear in mind that some settings are Show (rather than Scene) dependent. These include the Mix Configuration, Stereo channels, Talkback settings, and preferences such as Audio Sync source.

Profile photo of Elphie
    Elphie
    Participant

Sorry to be slightly off-topic, but is there a list as to which settings are Show dependant and Scene dependant? I imagine there is some overlap, but a list of what is show-only would be great.

Cheers,
    Michael

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

elphie007,

Scene memories include channel ganging, names and colours, delays, strip assignment, channel processing, FX, preamp and digital source, mutes levels & assignments, option card settings, Softkey and PL assignments, Talkback HPF, patchbays. The actual list may vary slightly depending on firmware version. Have a look at the Edit window in the Editor or Surface Scenes screen for an up-to-date list of parameters and settings.

Show memories include all current parameters, system DSP and control configuration, all 250 Scenes and some user preferences. See list below:

Current Settings – Includes all the current mix parameters, processing parameters, preamp settings, names and colours, patching, effects, clock source, talkback and signal generator settings, and Surface strip assignments.

Mix Configuration – The way the MixRack has been configured. Includes the current mix bus architecture, channel stereo assignments and global direct output source.

User Preferences – Several user options including Scene switch enable, latching Talk switch, LCD value display, linking fader banks.

All Scenes – The names, contents and descriptions of all the Scene memories are stored within the Show. Recalling a Show overwrites the Scene list with the Scenes stored in the Show being recalled.

All Libraries – The user Libraries are stored within the Show. These overwrite the current libraries on recall. Note that the User Libraries can be separately stored to and recalled from USB memory key.

Settings NOT stored in the Show:
    – Network settings
    – Fader / Bank Linking
    – PAFL preferences
    – Temperature units
    – LCD contrast
    – Event Logs
    – Current User
    – User Profiles and passwords

Hope this helps.

Profile photo of Elphie
    Elphie
    Participant

Great, thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.