gain gang

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions gain gang

This topic contains 18 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SQuser SQuser 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Søren Steinmetz
    Søren Steinmetz
    Participant

A way I have done it is:
    Channel 1-38 mono
    Channel 39-48 set to 5 stereo channels

Then just change the layout of a faderbank between each band, and patch the channels needed to fill their rider.

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

Thanks, @steine, that’s a clever workaround.

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

There is still a solution using a 3rd party app, but I’m afraid you will say, it has to be done in the console.

Yes, I can do this in Mixing Station, thanks. I think that’s the cleanest current workaround. However, as you are doubtless aware, it’s a function that is best located in the desk, so that it works everywhere, and still works if the tablet loses connection.

You asked: “Is there really no way to link gains when ganging?” but you don’t take no for an answer.

I have taken no. That’s the answer. This is further conversation, because I’m curious as to why this feature was left out. Odd thing to do in a forum labeled General Discussion, I know. And yes, a feature request is in the works.

given your example of the obviously misorganized festival, I first and foremost feel sorry for the audience, secondarily for the musicians and of course also the crew.

This festival is a annual small town Arts Council fundraiser, in which a shit load of local bands donate their time to cosplay bands that fit an annual theme, such as Colors or Food or Brothers or Bands With “&” In Their Name. It raises a large part of the annual budget for the arts council, is joyous and hilarious, and there are always more bands that want to play it than there are available slots. I’ve been mixing it for 20 years. As for the amount of professionalism or whether anyone is sorry to be there, you can be the judge.

23 piece AstroBeast covering The O’Jays

Prewn covering Veruca Salt

Profile photo of SQuser
    SQuser
    Participant

> … and still works if the tablet loses connection.
    Of course never via WIFI, but only LAN!

> … a feature request is in the works.
    How I said, I will support it. )

> … is joyous and hilarious, and there are always more bands that want to play it than there are available slots.
    A nice project!
    But, whatever, it should be in every bands interest to hand over their technical rider beforehand.
    Unfortunately I can’t understand that.

> 23 piece AstroBeast covering The O’Jays
    Cool gig – and i love this music!

> Thanks, @steine, that’s a clever workaround.
    Sorry, but I didn’t expect that the basic Strip Assignments to the fader layers according to the situations on stage was not yet a part of your normal setup.
    I bet it will make your work much easier and enjoyable in the future!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.