FX-Send & FX-Return for FX Channel

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions FX-Send & FX-Return for FX Channel

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of nottooloud nottooloud 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of via
    via
    Participant

I don’t know, if this would be a feature request or a “Bug”. But I have seen this same happen in my old QU as-well.

For an Effects Channel, let’s say “FX1”. When I go into “Layers Screen” . I see options for FX1-Send & FX1-Return.

Now if my understanding is correct for “FX1” , the “Send” Fader should have a “Value”. But the “Return” Fader should be all the way “down”.
    I have seen this happen on my QU, where we see FX1-Send & FX-Return for a “FX” channel both Up. Creating a feed-back.

If my understanding is incorrect, please ignore my question.

But if I am correct, can we have it as “Feature” where the mixer software does not “Allow” this setting or have “Warning” displayed on the Main screen indicating this condition.

Thanks.

Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

For Starters both faders should be 0db.

Best Regards,
    Tobias

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Yes if on an FX return has the send level turned for that FX it will creat
    a feedback loop.
    By default the FX sends for it’s own FX return are turned off/un assigned.
    You can for instance send a reverb return into a delay by bring up the delay FX send on the reverb FX return channel.

By default on my mixers reset scene I have all the FX sends un assigned on all the FX return channels.

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

A&H delays can’t do full regeneration on their own. The only way to get 100% or more as an effect is to send the delay to itself.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.