Feature Requests

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Feature Requests

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of neill00 neill00 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of neill00
    neill00
    Participant

Here are a couple of features I would love to see come to the Qu series.
    First an automatic feedback suppresser that analyzes frequencies that are on the verge of feeding back and notches them out. Secondly, a ducker on the reverb and delay so you can run those two effects a little more wet but when you are actually singing you could duck the effects by 8-10db and then when you stop the effects open back up and you get the tails. Kind of like when you are recording and you put a side chain compressor on the vocal effects. My voicelive rack achieves this just by putting a ducker on the actual effect and it works great. Unfortunately I only have one voicelive rack and for the rest of the singers going through the mixer I can’t do this.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Don’t count on a feedback suppresser being added, if you really need one there are plenty
    of external units available, I’ve never used one.

For the FX ducking, you can patch the FX return to be on an input channel and not on the dedicated FX return channel, that would give you the ducking option.
    On the FX unit you can select the rear of the unit and that gives you input and output routing options.

Profile photo of neill00
    neill00
    Participant

With regard to the feedback suppression, I get you. I’m not actually counting on any significant features being added, just putting it out there. After all it is a useful tool.

Thanks for the suggestion on how to achieve effects ducking. I’m going to play around with that idea and see if I can work it out.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.