Fast Way to recall an Input Patch Preset?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Fast Way to recall an Input Patch Preset?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of yihaa! yihaa! 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of yihaa!
    yihaa!
    Participant

Hello!
    Soon I will be using the SQ5 for a live recording session in the studio. The SQ will be used for the monitor mix (for musicians) and as audio interface.

After each take, i need to recall input patch preset (inputs from USB) to listen to the recording. Afterwards, I need to recall the input patch preset (inputs from stagebox) for further recordings. Guess I will have to recall the presets hundreds of times 😅

Any ideas to improve this workflow?
    Is there a way to quickly change the input patch preset? (SoftKey, MIDI Commands from DAW, etc. …)?

Using anoter layer/channels for USB returns is not an option, since I want to hear the recodring with the same processing when using it for monitoring.

Thanks in advance!

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Create scenes for each condition, and use the scene filters to block everything except the patches and any other relevant settings. Then assign each of those scenes to their own softkeys.

Profile photo of yihaa!
    yihaa!
    Participant

Thanks!
    This sounds good!

Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

I/O patching has a library. Scenes wont Work properly.

Profile photo of yihaa!
    yihaa!
    Participant

What kind of issues do you see when using scenes with global filters?

I would prefer scenes over IO patch preset, because scenes can be recalled with SoftKeys. Which would be the faster workflow.

I’ll have a access to the SQ in a view days and will give it a try.

Any thougths are apreciated!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.