Ducking on QU 16

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Ducking on QU 16

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Simon Simon 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jazthedj
    jazthedj
    Participant

Trying to figure out how I can duck music on ST1 input, using two mics is that possible with the QU-16 mixer.

thanks

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

read the manual
    a quick search in the PDF will lead you too the ducking page

https://www.allen-heath.com/media/Qu-Mixer-Reference-Guide-AP9372_10.pdf

jazthedj
    Participant

Thanks I have read it a a bunch of times. I assume I’m not understang the gang mode. I’ll mess around and see if i can figure it out.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Gang mode is having the trigger source control the ducking of levels in more than one channel.

You want to do the opposite, have two input channels duck a signal play back channel.

Do you have the channel insert selector set to ducker.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I’m afraid you have to use an aux as the trigger source if possible

jazthedj
    Participant

I guess I could hook the mics up to another mixer, then route 2 auxs sends from mixer 1 to the QU-16 and then use that channel as the trigger. I’ll try that.

thanks everyone.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Like Steffen suggested select an open mix to be the trigger source and then bring up those two mic channels in the selected mix for the trigger. I would go post fade for that mix.

Profile photo of Simon
    Simon
    Participant

This is how you do it. 1) Use a group and add only the two MIC channels to that group with their faders set at unity (0). 2) Set the group’s fader to unity (0). 3) Remove the group from the main LR mix by selecting the LR mix and turning the group off in the MIX display. 4) Select the ST1 channel and turn the Ducker/Inset switch to ‘Ducker’. 5) Switch the ducker on with the ‘Ducker’ button. 6) go to the Ducker screen and select ‘Grp 1 L’ (or whatever group you used) as the Trigger input. 7) Adjust the depth value to how much you want it to duck. Done 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.