Dante latency and MBP

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting Dante latency and MBP

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 17 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brian Brian 3 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of neuran
    neuran
    Participant

I’m connecting my MBP 10.11, with Dante Controller and Dante Virtual Soundcard, directly into the primary port of the slot into the Mixrack DM48, but why I’m having a latency issue which increases little by little and periodically returns under the 6 ms, which is the actual setting of the DVS.
    From these pictures, you can see that the Mixrack is elected as the Master and the MBP as the slave.
    What settings am I missing then?
    Already I’ve visited the Audinate support

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Enable “sync to external” for the Mixrack in Dante Controller.

Profile photo of neuran
    neuran
    Participant

I did, but what happens is that all devices in the routing page disappear, and the latency does not improve.

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

How are your sync settings set in the Mixrack?

Profile photo of neuran
    neuran
    Participant

On the Mixrack, tab Audio > Audio Sync, the “Audio Clock Source” menu was set to “Internal” when I start the topic, then I switched on “I/O Port 1” where the Dante card is installed, but nothing changed.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

You can optionally have the have the Dante card’s clock follow the mixer’s clock by using the ‘enable sync to external’ option in Dante Controller.

Profile photo of neuran
    neuran
    Participant

As you can see in the pictures, “Sync To external” is enabled but what I notice that there is a mismatch in the sample rate, which seems that 48kHz not to be supported by the MixRack. If I set the MBP to 96kHz all connections become denied (red).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

I guess you will to disable the sync to external in the case of 48k, and sync the dLive to the I/O slot instead of the internal clock.

Both 48k, and 96k should be supported, so running Dante at 48k should not be an issue.

Profile photo of neuran
    neuran
    Participant

I guess you will disable the sync to external in the case of 48k, and sync the dLive to the I/O slot instead of the internal clock.

I did, latency still increasing periodically (I mean that goes over-under 6 ms of the DVS’s settings periodically).

So, this my setup: MBP straight to the DM48 into the network port, then Director 1.8 to change DM’s settings.

Again, please refer to the new pictures.

TaL

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Is your Dante network isolated from the control network (Director / dLive network port)? If not, try separating them, as it might be a network issue. I generally run Dante on it’s own isolated network, and have never had any issues in doing so. I feel like running director and DVS on the same computer could be a bit much for the computer.

Profile photo of neuran
    neuran
    Participant

Is your Dante network isolated from the control network (Director / dLive network port)?

Yes, Dante network is on 169.254.x.x and I connect Dante Controller enabling DHCP on my MBP. Director and the MixRack are on 192.168.x.x and I’m connecting to the MixRack with a static IP on MBP.
    At any rate, I use their network one at the time, plugging and unplugging the CAT cable between Primary and the network MixRack port.

Thanks a lot to all you guys, but nothing has changed.

I would like to ask you a last thing: would you please provide me the exact steps you make for this setup to work? I’ll try to follow them strictly.

TaL

Profile photo of Leon BigEars A&H
    Leon BigEars A&H

How is your MBP running Director and connecting to the dLive. Via WiFi?
    You said you were running VSC and connected to primary Dante port?

Profile photo of neuran
    neuran
    Participant

Director is connected directly via CAT cable into mixrack network port. Mbp wifi disabled.
    When I finished to use director, I disconnect director from DM48, unplug the CAT cable and plug it into the primary port of Dante card. Then I run Dante Controller which discovers DM48 and sets automatically as the master. Then I run DVS, start it and my MBP is visible into DC.
    Then I check the MBP latency which starts green, until gets red over 6ms. Glitch occurs into recordings of course.

Profile photo of Leon BigEars A&H
    Leon BigEars A&H

Check your DVS in DC Device manager / network. Is the computer port showing ‘1000’ on the ethernet port (ie gigaBit).

Profile photo of neuran
    neuran
    Participant

I’m sorry, nothing has changed.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.