Custom Rotary – Dimmer

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis feature suggestions Custom Rotary – Dimmer

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of AdamsFlys AdamsFlys 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of AdamsFlys
    AdamsFlys
    Participant

I would love to have the ability to set some of the custom rotary knobs to control the dimmer controls of the console. As it stands, I don’t often use the custom rotary controls for much, but I often find myself going to the dimmer settings of the console as the lighting levels throughout the show change, and I want to adjust the brightness of the console to match.

It would be really nice to have a dedicated knob to adjust the brightness of the console.

In addition to this, a “Master Brightness” feature or something like that would be nice, something that can adjust the brightness levels of all 5 current options simultaneously. It would have to be something like a percentage offset from each of the individual levels, as you may not want all 5 of the individual options to be the same level, so maybe the master brightness option could just be a positive or negative offset from what the individual levels are? For example, when set to +10, all of the individual options are increased by 10 (Except any already at max obviously).

Profile photo of Tatsuya Nakamura
    Tatsuya Nakamura
    Participant

+1

This is a very necessary feature for performances held in theaters and playhouses.

I too would be happy to be able to touch it right away instead of in the depths of the setup.

It would be nice to be able to use softkey to change to a saved brightness state.

AdamsFlys
    Participant

So, the dimmer settings are actually saved in your scenes, so it would be possible to have different scenes setup with different brightness levels and use the soft keys to recall those scenes, but I find this to be a pretty poor workaround when already working inside of a show and using different scenes for actual important information.

It’s doable I suppose, but I would much rather a custom rotary option to control the brightness of the desk

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I always have two scenes for the lights only, one for bright light during the day work, one for dark environments. Both are completely independent of the rest of my scenes.
    And I have some more scenes for setup purposes, that I can quickly copy on a console to speed up some setup tasks. User keys for example.

AdamsFlys
    Participant

Yeah, I’m aware that scenes can make those changes, but if I’m setup on a cue list and just hitting next as I go through a show, I don’t necessarily have to mess with any other scenes of any sort and risk making a mistake with my recall filtering or anything like that or disrupting my “auto increment” setting for my cue list. Having direct access with a knob on the desk would be so much easier to just reach for and control the whole brightness of the desk.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.