CQ20B confusion

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ General Discussions CQ20B confusion

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of BobbyDazzler59 BobbyDazzler59 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Morto
    Morto
    Participant

Hi, unfortunately I have managed to reset my unit after a week or so of setting it up without it having been backed-up. I was under the impression that the show had been saved to my USB drive that was in the USB port. How do I do this so I don’t make the same mistake again, please?
    Also, I made some EQ and Compressor presets where I copied the settings from my SQ5. They did manage to save to my USB stick but now I can’t seem to recall them, they are shown in the Libraries section but I can’t seem to get them over to the unit itself even when I try to use the ‘To Mixer’ button. Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Profile photo of Morto
    Morto
    Participant

@KeithJ|_A&H any ideas?

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@morto

Regarding storing a show, this is described in the CQ user guide here – https://www.allen-heath.com/content/uploads/2023/09/CQ_User_Guide_V1_1_0_iss1.pdf#page=59&zoom=auto,-361,585
    If this is what you followed, then the show should exist as a folder on the drive within the AHCQ\SHOWS folder.
    This show folder contains the state of the desk when you stored it along with all scene and library files.

When storing libraries separately to USB, this uses the AHCQ\LIBRARY folder, so they can be re-imported into any show.

Libraries files cannot be shared between consoles, but I appreciate when you say ‘copied’ you may mean manually matching settings and storing/recalling using the CQ.

If this all makes sense but you’re still having issues, please contact us through support.allen-heath.com, with a copy of the files you’re not able to recall if possible.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Morto
    Morto
    Participant

You, sir, are a very nice man. Thank you so much.

Profile photo of Morto
    Morto
    Participant

Yes, Keith, with regard to the settings from the compressor and EQ on the SQ5, I literally, manually matched the settings, writing down what each parameter was then inputting that information into the compressor and EQ on the CQ 🙂

Profile photo of BobbyDazzler59
    BobbyDazzler59
    Participant

@morto
    I had teething issues finding things I thought Id saved. There are there but make sure you click the User tab on recall pages if that helps. Im sometimes impatient and miss things at first glance.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.