CQ20 Bome box Midi

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ General Discussions CQ20 Bome box Midi

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of transistordazetransistordaze
    Participant

Hi,
    I know that the new version is just out and maybe this is too early but my plan is to change scenes in the CQ20 with the song playlist.
    I’m currently using an iPad with Multitracker app (which also transmits midi) and a USB Camera Adaptor to send to a Focurite 8i6 which supplies the Audio and click tracks physically to the CQ20. My wish is to use a Bome Box to connect the Midi out from the Focusrite to the Ethernet input of the CQ20 . Maybe wishful thinking here.I do not want a desktop computer in the equation. The CQ is running on a separate iPad. Also does anyone know if the ethernet socket on the CQ supports PoE to power the Bome Box. Would be grateful for any solutions or other options .
    Thx in advance
    T.daze

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of willmodelismewillmodelisme
    Participant

I don’t think CQ ethernet out is PoE. But cheap adapters can make it.
    For what CQ control do you need midi ?

Profile photo of transistordazetransistordaze
    Participant

Hi will . I want to change Scenes with Midi when I start a song / Playback in Multitracker .

Profile photo of willmodelismewillmodelisme
    Participant

This is a parameter that can be controlled via midi via Program Change, channel 1, data from 0 to 99 for scene 1 to 100.

Profile photo of SnarklifeSnarklife
    Participant

Not sure why you need the Bome Box for such a simple MIDI command. Can you split the usb out from the iPad and send MIDI direct via USB to the CQ? Or, assuming no MIDI thru on the Focusrite, just add a cheap MIDI thru box and go MIDI to USB into the CQ and to the Focusrite from that.

My impression is that Bome is helpful a) for wireless and b) for really complex mappings.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.