CQ-12T MIDI

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ troubleshooting CQ-12T MIDI

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JayBJayB
    Participant

Hello, has anyone managed to get MIDI to work with the CQ-12T?

I’m trying to get a Behringer X-Touch Mini to work as a physical controller for the faders / mutes etc.

I’ve downloaded the A&H MIDI control app and tried various settings but I just can’t get my Mac (with the Behringer X-Touch Mini connected) to send anything to the CQ-12T, I am however getting messages from the CQ-12T to the Mac fine.

With the CC protocol enabled I can see the messages being sent by the CQ-12T (using the MidiView app with CC translator inputs selected as the source in MidiView and CQ-12T as input port in the A&H Midi Control app) and I have set the exact same MIDI settings on my Behringer X-Touch Compact (e.g. to mimic a soft key press) and confirmed that it it sending the same message in the MidiView app when X-Touch Mini is selected as the source in MidiView, but if I select CC translator inputs as the source in MidiView (with the X-touch Mini as the Input port in the A&H MIDI control app) I get nothing. I’m sure it’s a channel/input/output routing thing but I don’t know enough about MIDI to work it out!

If anyone’s been able to do something similar I would be really grateful if you could provide some step by step instructions for a noob!

Many thanks

Profile photo of Anonymous
    Inactive

Can you help by giving here the exact midi message you try to send ?
    CQ midi uses NRPN midi, which is a group of 4 CC sent simultaneously for 1 control.

For example, MUTE channel 1 is:
    -ch1, CC99 Val 0
    -ch1, CC98 Val 0
    -ch1 CC6 Val 0
    -ch1, CC38 Val 0

And UNMUTE is:
    -ch1, CC99 Val 0
    -ch1, CC98 Val 0
    -ch1 CC6 Val 1
    -ch1, CC38 Val 0

Participant

Thanks for getting back to me, so I’ve tried Ch1 Unmute as an example.

Without the A&H MIDI control app open, the message I am getting in MidiView when I unmute channel 1 on the CQ-12T is on attachment 1 (it is a group of 4 but they are Hex).

Attachment 2 is the message I get with A&H MIDI control app open and CC Translator enabled (Hex 80 00 00).

Attachment 3 is the message I get from the X-Touch controller when I press the button I have set to unmute channel 1 – it is the same Hex as above but doesn’t do anything to the CQ-12T.

Attachment 4 is the A&H MIDI control app.

Not sure if that helps explain things and sorry I’m not sure how that all relates to NRPN midi??

Thanks again for any pointers you can provide!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Inactive

Don’t know the X-Touch mini but I doubt it can send 4 CC simultaneously.
    I use a stream deck that can send direct NRPN but I just made a try with sending the 4 CC with the push of a button, set to toggle and it is OK.
    There is just a little mistake in my previous post, messages should be:

MUTE channel 1 is:
    -ch1, CC99 Val 0
    -ch1, CC98 Val 0
    -ch1 CC6 Val 0
    -ch1, CC38 Val 1

And UNMUTE is:
    -ch1, CC99 Val 0
    -ch1, CC98 Val 0
    -ch1 CC6 Val 0
    -ch1, CC38 Val 0

Inactive

I am just working with an APP called MIDI OX, that can easily map CC to NRPN.Here is an example of my little DIY 8 fader CC box controlling the CQ12 FADER.
    My Fader box have 8 faders sending CC 100 to CC107.
    Just set a line for each CC value and set the corresponding NRPN value and done.
    For fader 1, NRPN value is 8192, etc.

https://www.amazon.fr/photos/share/aKmWtufe0KbDHQq8kww6iGlOe3pmSm06cQjPZcvpyFx

Participant

Thanks, good to know it’s possible to get it working, I’m on a Mac so will look for an alternative to MIDI OX.

You’re right, the X-Touch doesn’t send 4 CC simultaneously but my understanding is that the Allen & Heath Midi Control App should do the translation so that it can accept single CC, but maybe that’s where I’m going wrong.

Thanks again.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.