cq 12 V cq18

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ General Discussions cq 12 V cq18

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of acac
    Participant

Hi i ws thinking of getting the cq 12. I currently have a mix wz4 12:2. i was wandering if the cq 12 sounds as good as or better due to the pricing. Our setup is a duo playing pubs and clubs we have 2 mics, electric guitar in stereo from a fractal fm 9 straight to the desk and stereo midi tracks from a samsung tablet.
    Its for size and portability i was looking at them.

Also which i have not seen is it has 2 effects built in. Are the two effects covering the same as the cq18 with reverb delay chorus doubler flanger etc. i know its can use 2 not 4 but are the effects the same.

With auto gain when i do guitar solos i use a 3db boost from my pedal and was wondering would this cut the volume or does it only kick in when gets near peaking as with someone may sing more softly on a ballad than a fast song.

As this desk does not have built in wifi could you still use a wifi dongle as a temporary signal to set the levels via the app if it was say a big club away from the stage with the usb slots.

the last thing is it the same processing power as the cq18 (is the sound quality the same or not as good)

Thanks if anyone could help. Its just that i cant see this info in the manual or on the videos on utube.

Profile photo of ORFEYORFEY
    Participant

Серія CQ є самою новою серед цифрових мікшерів.Але є ще дуже сирою,немає дуже багато різних функцій,які є у моделях яким 5 ,то і більше років – XR 18,UI24r,та інші….

Profile photo of acac
    Participant

Дякую, сподіваюся, що все правильно

Profile photo of KeithJ A&HKeithJ A&H

Hi @ac

I currently have a mix wz4 12:2. i was wandering if the cq 12 sounds as good as or better due to the pricing.

The sound will not be exactly the same because they are different mixers, but there is no concern with it being digital vs analogue. The best thing to do is listen to one or check out the reviews/comparisons.

Also which i have not seen is it has 2 effects built in. Are the two effects covering the same as the cq18 with reverb delay chorus doubler flanger etc. i know its can use 2 not 4 but are the effects the same.

There are either 2 or 4 FX engines. Any of these can run any of the FX types, and the same FX types are available on all CQ’s.

With auto gain when i do guitar solos i use a 3db boost from my pedal and was wondering would this cut the volume or does it only kick in when gets near peaking as with someone may sing more softly on a ballad than a fast song.

Auto gain will only kick in when you get close to peaking. So if you’ve set your input gain correctly and are normally peaking around or just above 0dB, then a 3dB increase will not trigger the Auto gain or adjust the preamp.

As this desk does not have built in wifi could you still use a wifi dongle as a temporary signal to set the levels via the app if it was say a big club away from the stage with the usb slots.

You can connect the CQ to a router or network via the network port only. You cannot use a USB WiFi dongle if that’s what you’re suggesting/asking about.

the last thing is it the same processing power as the cq18 (is the sound quality the same or not as good)

The processing and audio quality is the same across all CQ models. The difference in processing is only the amount of it (e.g. more/less FX, more/less channels).

Hope this helps!
    Keith.

Profile photo of acac
    Participant

Thanks Keith, that really helps a lot.
    Just ordered one,
    Great videos on utube by the way.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.