Connection Problem with SQ MixPad on iOS 16.4

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Connection Problem with SQ MixPad on iOS 16.4

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Fedja Fedja 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Al
    Al
    Participant

Hi All,

Does anyone have any issues with SQ MixPad on iOS 16.4 please? We updated all our iPads and now none of them will connect to our SQ5 running 1.5.6 r4043.

The app does not find the mixer on the local network with discovery and if I manually enter an IP then it gives a cannot connect message.

I’ve done all the usual… uninstalled and reinstalled apps, tried new routers, factory reset the router, factory reset a few iPads, factory reset the mixer. Access is fine from iPads with iOS 15, and also fine from Android and PC.

The same iPads work fine on my QU mixers although they did need an app update before connecting. Sadly there isn’t an app update for sq yet. I’m suspecting that something in iOS 16.4 has broken networking somehow, does anyone have any similar symptoms?

Thanks comrades!
    Al

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

I just stopped by the venue, SQ MixPad and Mixing Station on a Mini 5 running 16.4 both connect to my SQ6 without issue. SQ6 is running 1.5.4 in the hopes of avoiding the dead screen bug. I’d guess there’s a permissions issue in the iPad. Check Settings/ Privacy/ Local Network and make sure your apps are there.

Profile photo of Al
    Al
    Participant

thanks for checking @nottooloud

you’re right it was a permissions fault on the ipads, for some reason after the update to 16.5 the SQ mixpad and SQ for you apps were set to deny permission to the local network. Weirdly this retained the setting after factory resets and all 12 of my company ipads did the same thing.

to return operation: iPad Settings -> Privacy & Security -> Local Network -> select SQ Mixpad app and slide to on.

Profile photo of Fedja
    Fedja
    Participant

I have the same issue, did you find solution?
    All my settings seems to be OK but its not possible to connect to SQ5.
    Same Ipad and same router working well with QU
    SQ5 1.5.7 r4098
    Ipad SQ MixPad V1.5.4 OS 16.1.1

Profile photo of Al
    Al
    Participant

for me, this problem was due to permissions on the ipad. in the iOS upgrade the SQ5 app had the local network permissions removed. the fix was as in the post above:

to return operation: iPad Settings -> Privacy & Security -> Local Network -> select SQ Mixpad app and slide to on.

Profile photo of Fedja
    Fedja
    Participant

My setting on permission is OK.
    It was one of first thing what i have checked.
    Problem is the same, I cant see SQ at all

Profile photo of Al
    Al
    Participant

sounds like a different problem then, sorry I cannot help.

In the troubleshooting of this issue, i found lots of people having DNS issues, try punching in the ip address of your sq rather than using the autosearch?

Profile photo of Fedja
    Fedja
    Participant

static adress did not help, just upgraded Ipad IOS and firmware on SQ5 (1.5.9 ) and still same problem.
    But after firmware upgrade SQ5 stop to work thru USB B and my M2 cant see it any more… this is starting to be a nightmare

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.