COMP in outputs 1-6

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ feature suggestions COMP in outputs 1-6

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Marschell Marschell 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of eddiewarboy
    eddiewarboy
    Participant

i want to hear the compression of each individual track in my in ear monitors, i hope in a future update this can be possible.

Profile photo of BigMerv
    BigMerv
    Participant

What do you mean exactly – there is compression available on all inputs and all outputs already?

Profile photo of rkalman
    rkalman
    Participant

+1, selectable tap points (now we have post eq only) for aux sends would be nice!

Profile photo of Jackson
    Jackson
    Participant

+1 would be hugely helpful for clarity of monitor mixes.

Profile photo of willmodelisme
    willmodelisme
    Participant

Yes, +1, would be great to have the choice.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Adding comp to wedges or IEM’s isn’t really the done thing. Why would you want to do such a thing?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Adding comp to wedges or IEM’s isn’t really the done thing. Why would you want to do such a thing?

Putting compression on a vocal mix can make it tough from someone who “works the mic” when singing. If they hear/feel themselves getting softer or at least now getting any louder when they sing louder dynamic parts they may start pushing harder.
    I guess if your not singing…..maybe???

In the full front of house mix a little compression can help tighten things up.

On IEM’s peak limiting is a good safety net, actually I peak limit wedges as well.

Profile photo of willmodelisme
    willmodelisme
    Participant

Because as sound engineers i feel I have to satisfy the artist if he request.
    And as a signer I always have comp in wedges and IEM.

Profile photo of John
    John
    Participant

yes, please. we would also like the option of switching an AUX mix source point between pre/post comp

Profile photo of Marschell
    Marschell
    Participant

+1

This little desk is basically useless for speech applications with the post fade auxes tapped of pre Compressor.
    Who at AH had this idea?

Please make postfade auxes with post dynamics, everthing else is absolut bullxxxx

Profile photo of Marschell
    Marschell
    Participant

We are talking about post fade here, when post fade, the signal is normally post all dsp
    This is for Delay Lines, Speech Monitoring, Feeds to Translaters, Zoom and a million other usecases where you really want all dsp in that post fade aux. Monitoring is prefade, without Comp, I agree, but postfade auxes need ALL DSP.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.