Can't control sends via Sysex

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting Can't control sends via Sysex

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Soundklaus Soundklaus 1 day, 11 hours ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Helfferich
    Helfferich
    Participant

Hello,

Im am trying to control the sends from the channels to my matrix via midi over ethernet. But the Dlive won’t respond to my sysex messages.

It does respond to controlling mutes and fader level’s etc. Also I do receive sysex messages on my laptop.

Also, I can control the send with live director.

I’ve followed the “dLive-MIDI-Over-TCP-Protocol-V1.9” document by hart and it should work.

I just can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong, Im also checking the ports and packages via Wireshark and it looks as documented but the send just doesn’t change.

Kind regards,
    Ira

Profile photo of biscuit2000
    biscuit2000
    Participant

i got it working with group sends, but then i found mixing station software and everything was much easier

regards.

Profile photo of Rapa
    Rapa
    Participant

Hi. I’m just curious about how you send SysEx messages and get responses?
    I am new to all tcp/ip midi protocols and stuff.

Profile photo of msteel
    msteel
    Participant

MIDI includes both a specification of circuitry and cabling to connect one device (keyboard, sampler, synth, etc.) to another, as well as a binary data message format to send on that circuitry and cabling.

TCP/IP MIDI uses the binary message format defined for MIDI and instead sends it over a TCP/IP socket connection, usually from one networked computer to another.

To learn about MIDI (including SYSEX messages), search for “MIDI Fanatic’s Technical Brainwashing Center” and you will find (a mirror of) jglatt’s (nearly) comprehensive MIDI site.
    The TCP/IP bit is more in the realm of computer science.

Profile photo of Soundklaus
    Soundklaus
    Participant

Same problem here. I can assign a channel to a group via SysEx Message, but I cannot switch on/off a FX Send via SysEx. I used Midi Monitor to show me the SysEx Message, copied it to a Midi Cue in Qlab, but nothing happens.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.