Can I use Stereo Mix as sub group?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Can I use Stereo Mix as sub group?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Bobby Bobby 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bobby
    Bobby
    Participant

Hi,
    I just bought A&H Qu-16 and found that it does not have sub groups. I want to control my drum level using just 1 fader.
    Can I send all drum mics to a stereo mix out (Mix 9-10) and then send the stereo mix to Left/Right? If it’s possible, please teach me how to do that.

Thanks,
    Bobby

Profile photo of cornelius78
    cornelius78
    Participant

Not yet. There are a few threads on the forums about it. As close as you can get is to set up the mix as post fade, with the channel sends at unity (un-assign the channels from LR.). Then route the output of the mix to a pair of spare inputs, and route those inputs to LR. Of course there’s increased latency, and you have to have the spare inputs available, but it’s as close as we can get ATM.

Profile photo of Bobby
    Bobby
    Participant

Thank you much for the tips

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

and you could use one of the stereo returns for the inputs back into the console, this wouldn’t waste any of your 16 inputs.
    You would need a pair of cables (for stereo) with XLR female on one end, and a tip-ring-sleeve 1/4″ on the other.

Profile photo of Bobby
    Bobby
    Participant

Got it. Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.