Can I use a diferenten effect for each channel?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Can I use a diferenten effect for each channel?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stonepiano Stonepiano 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Pulgarin
    Pulgarin
    Participant

Can I use a diferenten effect for each channel, and uses a different preset library for each channel ? in Qu 16 Mixer?
    Example: 1-4 channels Reverb 5-8 Chorus- 9Delay, etc

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

You have a maximum of 4 different FX built into the Qu-16. Standard practice is to use one reverb for ALL vocals, perhaps a special reverb for snare or something else and a tap delay. The fourth effect is usually a second vocal reverb with a different decay so you can easily choose long or short tails.

If you want more, you’ll have to find some way to add outboard processing and use up some of your Mix sends to feed them and return them through either ST1/2 or bur an input channel.

Four should be enough for practical live sound. Try reading the manual…and good luck.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

futhermore, on the qu16 there are only two dedicated fx mixea, although other mixes can be used as feeds, or a single channel can be a feed.

Alternatively they can be inserted into a channel (and maybe a mix?)

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Bob…

Yes, you can use FX3/4 inserted into a Mix. Either this or ambience mics depending on your needs and channel count. Now I need to check to see if FX can be returned to or inserted on ST1/2 to feed a Mix…

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

There are four returns already, you can use mix1 as fx3 feed (actually you could feed FX4 off the FX1 mix if you wanted…

Profile photo of BLKGHOST
    BLKGHOST
    Participant

in Qu 16 Mixer?Example: 1-4 channels Reverb 5-8 Chorus- 9Delay, etc

You have 4 FX engine. You can feed as many channel as you want in each when using the default settings. In your example, if FX1 is reverb, it will be the same reverb for CH 1-4 but you can change the amount of send for each.

Profile photo of Stonepiano
    Stonepiano
    Participant

If you have a Qu24 or 32, you can also use an insert effect on a subgroup. This is handy for eg.drum reverb.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.