Button to move all channel faders down 3dB, mix fader up 3dB

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Button to move all channel faders down 3dB, mix fader up 3dB

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of SoundJudgement SoundJudgement 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SoundJudgement
    SoundJudgement
    Participant

I sometimes slide a channel fader all the way up and find that more of that channel would be preferable. That channel’s gain is already giving generous signal. To compensate, I reduce all faders by about 3dB (tedious) and boost the mix fader 3dB. Now I have 3dB of headroom at the original channel. With the motorized faders and software, a feature could be implemented to obtain fader headroom at the touch of a button. I observed a vacant area on the mix screen between “Source Select” and the “Preamp Model” pane. This area could be named “Fader Headroom” and have buttons “+3dB” and “-3dB” for easy undo. If a channel fader is at minus infinity when either button is pressed, that channel remains at minus infinity. If the mix fader is within 3dB of max, the +3dB button would be grayed out. Developers and testers could work out more edge cases.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.