Bug regarding Recall Filter

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Bug regarding Recall Filter

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tobi Tobi 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

Hi,
    I am trying to use scenes with recall filter for setting up virtual soundcheck. Here are my Scenes:

Screenshot Scenes
    https://tonas42.synology.me/photo/mo/sharing/LcYsS15tM

The Scenes “Inputs Locals”, “Inputs USB” and “Input SLink” are only there to change the input patch, so I set the following recall filter on each of those three scenes:

Recall Filters
    https://tonas42.synology.me/photo/mo/sharing/zqimuKcxi

But recalling those scenes does exaclty nothing. The input patches are not changed. Only, when I also allow “Inputs->Preamp” in the recall filter settings, the patches are loaded correctly. But of course — then also the “real” preamp-settings are reloaded and changes to gain and phantom are lost.

Bug or feature?

Best Regards,
    Tobias

Profile photo of alli
    alli
    Participant

Hey Tobi,

in this case I just use an “Input Patch Library” on the IO page, not a scene. This should work fine.
    For a Output USB patch f.e. I use a scene with the recall filter just open to “USB Patch”.

Regards, Alex

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@tobi

There is some overlap with the filters here as ‘Preamp’ also includes patching (but patch does not include preamp).
    This is because the preamp settings can be stored with a channel, but they control an analogue preamp which exists at each socket which can also be controlled from the I/O screen independently of the channel.
    Preamps not connected to input channels can be used with tie lines for recording or sending on to other systems.
    If preamp changes on the input channel are blocked but the patch is allowed to change, then the question is which preamp setting should be used?
    You could for example, instantly apply phantom power to a socket, or lose the gain settings of the preamp which may have been set for the next band on in a festival situation, or mess up the signal level going to another console…

There is some discussion about whether this is all acceptable however, so although the input channel patch library is designed for what you want to achieve here, if there are other examples where you need this to be separate, please do say!

Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

Hi Keith,
    Youre right. I had a conversion with Support and they hinted me about the Input library…

Problem solved – thank you!

Best Regards,
    Tobias

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.