Avantis Solo Fader Bank A & B

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis feature suggestions Avantis Solo Fader Bank A & B

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of DeadApe DeadApe 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of NoProTips
    NoProTips
    Participant

I know this is part of the upsell to the full-size desk, but in the interest of show-file consistency (a guest tech that was using my board nearly got burned the other day), it would be great to be able to use a softkey to switch from bank A to B fader banks. When I’m setting up a showfile on mine, I just use DCA spill, but someone with a full-size showfile might not be aware that the user only gets bank A, as it still appears in Director (IIRC).

Couldn’t see this one listed, so apologies if this is a dupe!

Profile photo of DeadApe
    DeadApe
    Participant

Definitely +1. In addition to showfile consistency, it would also make handling large channel counts easier as you could just move channels that you only touch during soundcheck and then manage via DCA or subgroups (or the DCAs themsevles, which I usually only need during setup because I only use them for DCA spill). With my current setup, I can only use half the input count before I have to make compromises.

I would argue against the full desk size being an upsell argument. Avantis and Avantis Solo aren’t that far priced from each other and I guess that the main reason for getting a Solo vs. a full-size (at least for me) is easier handling, not the smaller price tag.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.