Audio recording corrupted/continuous dots

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Audio recording corrupted/continuous dots

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dawels Dawels 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dawels
    Dawels
    Participant

Hi guys

I record live music using a USB during church events and the system works extremely well. However, every now and then the audio looks like this when imported into audacity or any other editor. I have a suspicion that it is from when the USB is pulled from the mixer after the power has been turned off. Or maybe if the mixer is powered off without stopping the recording on the iPad. I have attached two images – one with the corrupted audia with the dots and one where the audio is good.

Has anyone come across this before and are there any solutions?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

And this happens on the same channel ?

Some DI’s I’ve used give this ticking sound. Also, there is a certain amount of bleed from one channel to the next that you only hear on the recordings.

Giga

Profile photo of Dawels
    Dawels
    Participant

Hi Giga

Thanks for the response. I am not too clued up with all of it so I actually have no idea what you’re talking about. We plug a USB into the mixer (which is always set up the same) and then use QU-pad to press record to the USB.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.