AHM64 + DX164 + SQ5

Forums Forums Other A&H products AHM64 + DX164 + SQ5

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Johnrevival Johnrevival 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Johnrevival
    Johnrevival
    Participant

Hey guys tech support is hard to get at the moment so I am wondering if any of you have done this.

I want to put an AHM64 and SQ in a space. I also would like to use a DX164 as a basic stagebox for the space. Is it possible to do the following without Dante

SQ5–> DX164 —>AHM64

I would like the AHM to run the room as a normal install DSP with the SQ5 plugging in only when a live show is happening. Is this doable? NO LITERATURE ONLINE THAT I CAN FIND shows that you can put a stagebox between two slink devices.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Yes, you can connect a SQ console and a AHM64 system together without using Dante/Madi/Waves. However you need to use an SLink port on each device to make this direct connection between the two systems. Since both the SQ and AHM64 devices only have one SLink port, and you need to use one of the ports to connect the DX box to, you will need a SLink I/O card in the device where the DX box is connected.

So if you want to connect the DX box to the SQ console, then you need a SLink card in the SQ to then connect to the AHM via it’s built in SLink port. Alternatively you can connect the DX box to the AHM device and then put the Slink I/O card in the AHM64 device to connect to the SQ console via it’s built in SLink port.

In the end it really doesn’t make huge a difference which device you connect the DX box to. If you connect the DX box to the SQ and use a Slink I/O card to connect it to the AHM64, if you need to expand the system with a Dante/Madi/Waves you can always put the new I/O card in the AHM64 and use tie lines to send that I/O to the SQ console or vice versa if the card is in the SQ console and you need that I/O available in the AHM64.

Hopefully that makes sense!

Edit – just to clarify, it doesn’t matter which SLink port you use to connect the DX box and other system. The short answer is that you need two SLink ports in whichever device you want to connect the DX box to. One to connect the DX box to and the other to connect the second system to. It doesn’t matter which device hosts these two ports, nor does it matter which SLink port is used to connect the DX box vs the other system.

Profile photo of Johnrevival
    Johnrevival
    Participant

Ahh makes sense! I was hoping to be able to daisy chain like you would DX units. Thanks Brian!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.