Problems with GLD editor

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Problems with GLD editor

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rob-Spence Rob-Spence 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Sound Doctor
    Sound Doctor
    Participant

Very excited to see release of GLD editor!
    Downloaded it to my Windows 7 computer and fired it up. First thing I tried was to change the names of channels. It defaults to Ch 1 in name and colour tab under setup, but for the life of me, I cannot get it to change to channel 2 or any other input as I can on the console itself. Clicking on the “Start” doesn’t do anything, or typing “2” or selecting input 2 from the input channels at the bottom. Am I missing something stupid here?

Rick
    GLD80, AR2412, AR84, MMO, GLD Remote, KR202 array

Sound Doctor
    Participant

OH, also in “Control” to set up the fader banks, I can delete a channel, but cannot drag it back or replace it with a different channel. Channels will not drag as on console.
    Kinda frustrating not to be able to do what is easy to do on the console.
    BTW am using GLD editor completely off line, no network or wired connection to the GLD console.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Rick

Profile photo of Simon
    Simon

Hi Rick.

I can confirm that there is an issue with naming channels this way – the ‘start’ and ‘end’ channel numbers are not currently linked. Until the issue is fixed you can name a channel by manually setting the ‘start’ and ‘end’ channel numbers to be the same.
    A quicker method of naming channels would be to go to the processing view, SEL a channel and open name and colour from the menu. You can then use the keyboard TAB or SHIFT TAB to move forwards and backwards through the channels as you name them.

Drag and drop of channels in the strip assign page works the same as on the GLD. If you are still having difficulty with this feature please can you open a support ticket.

Cheers,

Simon, A&H

Sound Doctor
    Participant

Thanks Simon, thought I did something wrong with the channel naming. I will try your suggestions tonight.
    However, drag and drop does not seem to work for me, but I will try again tonight & see & if still and issue will enter a support ticket.

Maybe just restarting the editor will help or perhaps re-installing it. We shall see.

Rick

Sound Doctor
    Participant

OK, drag and drop now works in Control. Also naming works as described.
    Will await start and end channel numbers become active on a future update.
    Would love to see a full screen option.

Rick

Profile photo of Rob-Spence
    Rob-Spence
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Simon

Hi Rick.

I can confirm that there is an issue with naming channels this way – the ‘start’ and ‘end’ channel numbers are not currently linked. Until the issue is fixed you can name a channel by manually setting the ‘start’ and ‘end’ channel numbers to be the same.
    A quicker method of naming channels would be to go to the processing view, SEL a channel and open name and colour from the menu. You can then use the keyboard TAB or SHIFT TAB to move forwards and backwards through the channels as you name them.

Drag and drop of channels in the strip assign page works the same as on the GLD. If you are still having difficulty with this feature please can you open a support ticket.

Cheers,

Simon, A&H

This seems to also be a problem when assigning output sockets.
    I wanted to move the LR mains to sockets 11,12 and aux 1-6 on sockets 1-6. However, I cannot change the “1L” to “1R” on socket 12 nor change socket 2 to Aux 2.

Edit:
    I found (by accident) that click/hold on “1L” and move the mouse right incremented the value. Sure would be nice if there were some sort of visual feedback that you had selected the field.

rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.