Feature suggestion

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Feature suggestion

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KWB KWB 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

A convenience suggestion:

I am presently running GLD80 software V1.12.

If I select blue “MIX” button on an output channel then press (and hold) the center blue “MIX” button as if I were to add or delete channels from that mix, would it be possible to see the input member’s blue LED lit (only while I’m holding down the center blue button)? It will be quicker than having to scan the scribble strip LCDs for the word “ON”.

In other words, while I am holding the center blue button, if the channels that show “on” in the LCDs can also have their blue LEDs lit it would be a faster way of scanning who is a member of that particular output group. Those LEDs are nice and bright and a big help.

When the center blue button is released the blue LEDs can return to normal operation exactly like it works now. It would be like your “alternate view” button to see actual input channel numbers instead of descriptive names, which is also very useful thank you.

John

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

same for the DCA Groups!
    That would be really nice!

GLD-80 / AR2412 / AR84 / Qu-16

Profile photo of xjcsa
    xjcsa
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by John S

A convenience suggestion:

I am presently running GLD80 software V1.12.

If I select blue “MIX” button on an output channel then press (and hold) the center blue “MIX” button as if I were to add or delete channels from that mix, would it be possible to see the input member’s blue LED lit (only while I’m holding down the center blue button)? It will be quicker than having to scan the scribble strip LCDs for the word “ON”.

In other words, while I am holding the center blue button, if the channels that show “on” in the LCDs can also have their blue LEDs lit it would be a faster way of scanning who is a member of that particular output group. Those LEDs are nice and bright and a big help.

When the center blue button is released the blue LEDs can return to normal operation exactly like it works now. It would be like your “alternate view” button to see actual input channel numbers instead of descriptive names, which is also very useful thank you.

John

This is a great idea, although I might suggest having the “select” buttons light up instead of the “mix” buttons to avoid confusion. Or maybe have them flash or something – but yeah, great idea.

Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

I am pleased I struck a chord with you folks. The more people that “like” this maybe a brighter light will shine on the suggestion to A&H.

Thank you,

John

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Makes sense. [:)]

I hadn’t noticed an issue with the “ON” logo but I do agree that this would be better.

Chris

Profile photo of bigbean
    bigbean
    Participant

This is a good idea.

Maybe they could use a fast flash that would time out on the member channels or an alternating select/mix led fast flash.

(It would be a nice effect during the Christmas season and children would dig it. This is probably why I like it[:D])

But seriously, it’s a good idea.

The surest way to windup with nothing is to wait for everything. On the other hand, the 2nd mouse always gets the cheese.

Profile photo of KWB
    KWB
    Participant

I agree with and like the potential solution for use when activating / deactivating via the fader section but find it faster and easier (for myself) to do this via the applicable soft screen on the touch screen

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.