Recalling shows crashes in 1.20

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Recalling shows crashes in 1.20

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chris93 Chris93 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of plevrier
    plevrier
    Participant

Hi all,

Since my update from 1.12 to 1.20 I am not able to recal several shows anymore. The console is stuck at “recalling show” please wait….
    Rebooting doesnt help, than I get a white screen, and nothing responding on the desk.. The console has to be reset (during startup)

When I reinstall 1.12 I can recall the settings without problem.

Anyone has the same issues ?

The problem occurs on at least 2 different config files. (I have about 10)

Regards,
    pascal

GLD80 :-)

plevrier
    Participant

Ok… Some investigation done during a sunny quitly sunday morning.

For the experienced users, Please try the following in V1.20.

BEFORE YOU START, BACKUP ALL YOUR SHOWS TO USB

1. Start GLD.
    2. Recall template1 LR and press OK
    3. Go to bank 2 layer D
    4. Select stereo group 1
    5. Press processing and to to tab Ext In
    6. Assign USB to the Source select and press Apply (or Sig gen, or I/O port in 1/2)

From this stage you will see and warning sign at the right bottom of the screen. The log file fills up with:

Can’t find=digital attenuator, stereo group channel 01 (../../AHnet/core/sysbuild.cpp:374)
    Msourcepath=digital attenuator,stereo group channel 01, mdestinatinpath=surface strip, FX send mono channel 01 (..

from now on, the system is un-usable. You have to reboot the system and restore to default settings.

could several people test this ? Than I am sure it is not a specific hardware problem in my console :-)

Regards,
    Pascal

Profile photo of antonyja
    antonyja
    Participant

Hi Pascal,

Thanks for your detailed reproduce procedure.
    I have followed your procedure, and can confirm that I get the same problem. We shall investigate further and fix for the next firmware release.

In addition…
    On investigation it has been found that the error is all about adding an external input source to one of the mixes. If this external input source has no mic-pre (i.e. USB, SigGen, I/O Port In and Rack FX), then it is possible to induce this error. A yellow triangle in the south toolbar will appear, the source selection will need to be changed to clear this error.

Antony Jackson
    Software Manager
    Allen & Heath Limited

Profile photo of Volum
    Volum
    Participant

Has anyone else had trouble with v1.20, or are you guys still using 1.12 (like me), awaiting A&H to release a fix to v1.20?

Willy
    FOH-tech.
    GLD-80
    AR2412
    AR84

Profile photo of bigbean
    bigbean
    Participant

I’m hanging with Willy.
    Chillin till 1.2+

The surest way to windup with nothing is to wait for everything. On the other hand, the 2nd mouse always gets the cheese.

plevrier
    Participant

Well. I don’t understand it. You should go to 1.20. There are a lot of fixes and improvements.

The bugI posted is fatal for you GLD and you have to reboot in factory settings. True. That is why I posted it. As long as you don’t use Ext In option in a bus you are fine (I think only a few users know and use this option)

I am running 1.20 too :-)

Regards,
    Pascal

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

I’m using ext. in on a bus, but it’s from a mic pre. No problems.

Chris

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.