WL betwen surface and mixrack

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions WL betwen surface and mixrack

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of RayS RayS 12 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mattias-Andersson
    Mattias-Andersson
    Participant

Hi Im new here, maybe this topic alredy exist?

I recived my Ilive R72 and IDR32 a few days ago.
    I connect a short cat5 cabel between ACE and Lan on the router, its a Belkin Play N600 DB. I also connect it the same way from the Mixrack. The routers I use is the same.

I tried the IP settings from the manual and I´ve also tried these.

https://iliveforum.allen-heath.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1423&whichpage=6&SearchTerms=router%2Csuggestions

Maybe I got it all wrong… do I really have to use cat5 cabel between my surface and mixrack.

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Mattias Andersson

Hi Im new here, maybe this topic alredy exist?

I recived my Ilive R72 and IDR32 a few days ago.
    I connect a short cat5 cabel between ACE and Lan on the router, its a Belkin Play N600 DB. I also connect it the same way from the Mixrack. The routers I use is the same.

I tried the IP settings from the manual and I´ve also tried these.

https://iliveforum.allen-heath.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1423&whichpage=6&SearchTerms=router%2Csuggestions

Maybe I got it all wrong… do I really have to use cat5 cabel between my surface and mixrack.

Yes you must use a cable to connect surface to a mixrack!……..Connect Ace port from surface to Ace port on mixrack then, from either unit use a network port to connect to the router ……..Ace is used for audio and control! so it should not be connected to a lan’s network port , only from Ace to Ace ports.

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Mattias-Andersson
    Participant

Thanks for your quick reply :)

It is possible to make a mix using a laptop or ipad… without the surface connected.
    Why is it possible to go wl with the ipad but not with the surface?
    Is it in any way possible to go wl between the surface and mixrack? I buy the ilive just to go wl…

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

No its not possible because of the wireless bandwidth required for multichannel AUDIO. Both the iPad and Editor software can be wireless because they don’t have any audio being sent or received. The iLive surfaces have local audio inputs and outputs plus PAFL busses and all that audio plus the control and metering signals requires more bandwidth than is currently achievable over wireless networks – not to mention reliability issues!

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Mattias-Andersson
    Participant

Thanks for your detailed awnser :)
    You guys are great…

Thanks alot, God Bless You.

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Well, I wouldn’t say it’s not possible to connect mixrack and surface via wireless system. It just have to be way more serious than wi-fi. There are certain products in market that are able to provide stable hi speed communication. Price easily can exceed all iLive system, that is a downside of this story.
    Little bit cheaper would be to go with laser link if cable is not an option.

ddff

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Mattias Andersson

Thanks for your quick reply :)

It is possible to make a mix using a laptop or ipad… without the surface connected.

Yes! many users do it that way…. a word of caution though, should your network go down it would be best to have a wired connexion somewhere accessible.

quote:

Is it in any way possible to go wl between the surface and mixrack? I buy the ilive just to go wl…

You can control the surface wirelessly by using the editor, but I guess this is not what you want to do.
    You might want to look here for your answer:
    https://www.allen-heath.com/UK/CategoryDocuments/Understanding%20Ace%20-%20rev%2029SEP11.pdf

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.