Low budget monitor split

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Low budget monitor split

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mumu mumu 12 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Musikhof
    Musikhof
    Participant

We plan a low budget show next year. I have an idr48 and a T112. As i understand from the docs, i can route the xlr-ins to the idrs outs as Direct outs from 1 to xx. So when i confiure 20 outs to be Direct out 1 to 20, i have 4 channels for FOH out left. Simply connecting an analog mixer to the 20 out channels should work to have monitor mixer on stage while using the T112 for FOH mixing. we should not need more than 20 channels for input. (10 drums, bass, 3 guitar, 2keys, 4 vocs= 19) Has anybody done that before ?? The “better” solution for sure would be to have another idr and t80 …but we dont have that :-)

idr48 – T112
    iPad
    Belkin Wireless
    Dante
    Lenovo i5 laptop with Samplitude V10

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

why dont you make a split channel show (30 channels for foh and 30 for monitor fom the same mic ins) you wont have split gain but
    i run my zappa project like this 10 stereo in ear auxes….you just need a guy with a laptop on stage doing the monitors…
    if you want i can send you a “prefab” show of mine.
    pros: les gear
    cons : no console “only computer” on stage

cheers
    dave

allways latest firm and software
    iLive-144/t-80/idr-10 /idr-48/dante/pl-6/eyepad 1/belkin router/

Profile photo of Musikhof
    Musikhof
    Participant

How are you doin the split ? with 2 in 1 adapters? would be cool if you could send the file. thnx

idr48 – T112
    iPad
    Belkin Wireless
    Dante

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Musikhof

How are you doin the split ? with 2 in 1 adapters? would be cool if you could send the file. thnx

idr48 – T112
    iPad
    Belkin Wireless
    Dante

Easy, just route
    MIC IN A1 to channel 1 and channel 33
    MIC IN A2 to channel 2 and channel 34
    etc…
    we do that all the time, works great. Was my main reason to invest in iLive and not the competition.

Wouter

Profile photo of CMattE
    CMattE
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by woutert

quote:

Originally posted by Musikhof

idr48 – T112
    iPad
    Belkin Wireless
    Dante

Easy, just route
    MIC IN A1 to channel 1 and channel 33
    MIC IN A2 to channel 2 and channel 34
    etc…
    we do that all the time, works great. Was my main reason to invest in iLive and not the competition.

Wouter

It was definitely an epiphany when I realized how easy and effective it is to do this. Essentially an IDR32 is the perfect size for this, since the mix rack has 64 channels of available processing. Just one of the cool things they built into the range. So add a laptop or iPad to control channels 33-64 for monitors and use the surface for channels 1-32 going to the mains.

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

https://www.megapeng.com/micsplit.rar

i use 30 channels to keep 4 free for eventual playback and ambi mics (wich normaly if used on monitors are postfade)

cheers
    dave

allways latest firm and software
    iLive-144/t-80/idr-10 /idr-48/dante/pl-6/eyepad 1/belkin router/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.