iLIve Tweak, user profiles and start scenes

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions iLIve Tweak, user profiles and start scenes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ahlundahlund
    Participant

Hi!

After reading this forum for quite a while, its’s now time to start asking questions…

According to the iLive Tweak documentations, the user profiles are stored in the Mixrack and, according to the iLive firmware documentation, the shows (and associated data) are stored in the TouchScreen computer in the Surface.

As I understand it, iLive Tweek connects to the Mixrack and to connect You need to login with a username. My question is: If there is no Surface present, what happens if the user logging in has a start scene defined? Which, if any, start scene will be loaded on login?

Regards,
    Åke Holmlund

Profile photo of AndyHAndyH

Hi ahlund,

The startup scene is only there for the surface. When using our iPad App (MixPad), iPhone/iPod Touch App (Tweak) or iLive Editor, the startup scene doesn’t get used at login. The login is only there to ensure your mixer is password protected.

This is because one of the main reasons for having startup scenes on the surface is where multiple users with varying levels of experience may be using a console, but the venue/owners may wish for some channels to be hidden on the surface (say output mains, for people to be unable to see/adjust the output GEQ or limiter). Therefore when the user logs in at the surface, in this particular startup scene scenario, only the surface strip layout changes, hiding or showing the channels required.

As Editor, MixPad and Tweak always give access to all of the channels; we decided not to include start up scenes in Editor, MixPad and Tweak.

We also felt that when the user connects Editor, MixPad or Tweak that these should in no way affect what is happening at the surface. We wanted to make sure that as Editors/Mixpads etc can come and go, the surface layout and mix rack settings didn’t suddenly get adjusted.

Hope that helps,

AndyH

Profile photo of ahlundahlund
    Participant

Thank You Andy!

I suspected that was the case. Let’s look at this from an other angle. First some backgruond.

I’m planning for a sound system upgrade, among other things. for a Café. The Café is basically divided in two sections, one section is dedicated to drinking coffee, eating food etc and the other section has a stage and is also used for live performances, seminars, parties etc. The idea is to put a Mixrack and a Surface in this section. The Mixrack should be able to play three roles (not at the same time…):

1. Live sound from the stage. Controlled from the Surface and/or Editor/MixPad/Tweak. Sound engineer present.
    2. Sound at seminars, parties etc (in the second section). Controlled from MixPad or Tweak. No sound engineer present!
    3. Live sound in the “coffee drinking part” of the Café. Controlled from Editor, MixPad or Tweak. Sound engineer probably present.

Number 2 is the problem. I’m thinking of using Tweak or MixPad (with a custom layer) for this. However, we need a SIMPLE way to make sure the MixRack is set up properly without using the Surface. How can we do that? Maybe a PL-Anet controller could do the trick? I’m just afraid that if all the necessary data is stored in the Surface then we may be toast…

Regards,
    Åke Holmlund

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.