frozen r72+blank screen

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions frozen r72+blank screen

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of kentlowt kentlowt 12 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of deltamax
    deltamax
    Participant

hello everyone,i had a problem with my r72/idr48 over the weekend,as i was halfway though a show my r72 stopped responding and the screen went bright white.thankfully the stage rack kept working.i spent a rather nervous 45 mins sitting at the console knowing i had no control over anything.I rang my dealer this morning and he told me there was a problem with the 1.80 firmware,i was unable to load on the latest firmware as the screen is out of action.i ended up sending the surface away for repair.

has anyone had this problem?

deltamax

Profile photo of Rexeltw
    Rexeltw
    Participant

Not that it helps now but you can do a workaround if this happens by running the SBC software on a laptop plugged into a network port on the surface. I’ve only ever had an SBC die during a firmware update where the customer pulled the stick out early. Did you speak to technical support?

Just remember kids no matter how good your mixing is you can’t polish a turd…

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

I always have a laptop with me. If the surface dies you have a backup editor to control the rack [:)]you can use the ace ethernet cable. plug it in the network port on the rack and plug it in your laptop on the surface side
    I never leave home without one.

Lieven

T112/IDR48/R72/IDR16/IPAD
    Save a tree, eat a beaver

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

Like Lieven we have multiple editors/iPads that I could switch to in an emergency. In a pinch I can even use my iPhone.

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.