Dante in Dual MixRack mode

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Dante in Dual MixRack mode

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ahjeff ahjeff 13 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Clintage
    Clintage
    Participant

I’m pretty sure you can, but need to verify…

If i’m using dual mixrack mode (iDR32-Master, iDR10-slave) and I have the Dante card installed on the iDR10 (using it to send channels to a computer DAW for recording), I can assign channels from both mixracks to the Dante card, yes?

Thanks!

Profile photo of CMattE
    CMattE
    Participant

I do believe that is possible, as long as the iDR-10 can see all the channels from the IDR-32. More importantly, how and where did you get your Dante card from? ;)

T112/48, MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, and trying to patiently wait on Dante. ;)

Profile photo of Clintage
    Clintage
    Participant

ha! No Dante card yet. i’ve ordered it.

Profile photo of CMattE
    CMattE
    Participant

Ah just reread your post. You said “If I’m using…..” lol. I read it as “I’m using….”

T112/48, MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, and trying to patiently wait on Dante. ;)

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Hi Clintage

When routing outputs to Port B of a slave rack, you can directly access any input to the slave rack. To route inputs and mixes from the master rack to Port B in the slave, you must first select the master rack, then route the relevant channels to its Port B. Retuning to the slave, you then route Port A inputs to Port B outputs.

Cheers

– Jeff, A&H

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.