Newbie Editor Question

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Newbie Editor Question

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of kentlowt kentlowt 13 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of CMattE
    CMattE
    Participant

Hello all. It looks like our church is about to upgrade to an iLive system. I’ve been playing with the editor software and read through the firmware manual. I think I have a pretty good grasp on things. I started with the templates and now think I have a show and scene mostly routed and setup for us. We are moving to IEM’s and I have set up 7 stereo aux sends. I’ve kept 2 mono auxes, one for the back up vocalists who don’t want to use IEM’s, and another to feed a monitor in front of the speaker.

However in the mix channel window, when I select monitor it shows 2 mono wedge channels and two IEM channels. I believe this is for the engineer to be able to monitor any of the mixes from the FOH position. Is that a correct assumption and why is there 2 of each? I’ve noticed some of the templates don’t have this. And if I don’t need both how can I get rid of one?

Thanks in advance. So far this looks like it will be miles ahead of the Mackie SR40-8 it is replacing. ;)

Profile photo of CMattE
    CMattE
    Participant

Okay. So I figured it out. Kind of. I get the extra channels when I turn off processing on either IEM or Wedges. Turning processing back on removes the channels. I know I read where using processing on auxes uses more mix channels. So I guess if I don’t use processing I get two extra channels channels but what benefit is this exactly? Just curious. Will they go away if I assign more group outs? Let me check. :)

Profile photo of CMattE
    CMattE
    Participant

Okay. Nope. I guess those channels are just “hardwired” for Monitor use. Anywho. Guess I figured it out.

Profile photo of guyharris
    guyharris
    Participant

Do you ever feel like you’re having a conversation with yourself?!

http://www.pianojam.nl

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

helps me sometimes..writing down my problem,gives me “distance”

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (i am convinced audionate is not delivering coz i am a frank zappa fan)

Profile photo of CMattE
    CMattE
    Participant

Lol. Well I had yesterday off due to the weather. I’m on Oklahoma. So I was just playing with the editor and seeing what all I could do. That was the one thing that wasn’t obvious to me. Still not 100% sure as to why it is like that, but I now know it is. Anyways looks like a great system. Also reading though older posts it looks like A&H are doing their best to meet the users needs/wants with firmware upgrades. Which is always a good thing. Now if the church will just order it so I can get it installed. Ripping out the old copper snake. Not looking forward to that. But replacing it with a couple of network cables will be sweet. :)

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

You will be amazed at the difference coming from a Mackie. Once you learn the editor the surface is a piece of cake.

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.