IP addresses

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hi Folks,

We run an iDR 32, iDR48, T112 and R72. The IP adresses of the surfaces, screens and racks are as per factory settings with the last digits being, if I remember, 1, 2 and 3.

This is fine because usually our systems operate independently of each other so everything connects OK. Even if we run the two systems using monitor splits, they are connected via ACE B so there’s no IP address conflict.

I seem to remember somone on the forum having all devices’ IP addresses set to a different value so that ‘anything works along side anything’ and there’s no conflict if, for example, using two racks with one surface, and I’d like to do this.- because it’s a situation that we may encounter.

Having set our R72/iDR32 system’s IP addresses to 4, 5 and 6 via the R72 surface, the system boots up OK but if I then try to boot the iDR32 with our T112 (which I haven’t changed) it fails to connect.

I’m clearly missing something here; does anyone have any advice on this?

I hope I’ve explained the issue clearly,

Thanks in advance.

Adrian

T112, R72
    iDR32, iDR48
    iStuff

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

Adrian,

I had the same problem the first time i used my R72 with the IDR48 rack (been using it only with the IDR16) . these are my addresses : IDR48 : 1 , T112 : 2 and 3 ( surface and screen) IDR16 : 4, R72 : 5 and 6 , laptop 10. Every time you startup the surface tries to connect to the last connected IDR (with it’s address ). So when i used the IDR48 instead of the IDR16 the surface was looking for address 4(IDR16) instead of 1(IDR48), so could not connect. When you get the not connected screen there you can change to which IDR you want to connect instead of the default ( i think that the available IDR is displayed ). you simply select the IDR and the surface restarts and connect to that IDR. Off coarse if you try to connect to the other rack later you have to do the same routine. You don’t have to do that when you use the same addresses(1,2 and 3) for both systems but then you cannot use the dual rack mode because every device needs a unique address on the net. So it’s best to give all your devices a unique address anyhow.

Regards Lieven

T112/IDR48/R72/IDR16
    Save a tree, eat a beaver

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Lieven, Thanks ever so much, that makes total sense. I’ll check it out first thing in the morning as I’ve got both systems set up in the workshop. We also use wireless but I set our router to use IPs from 200 onwards so it’s fine. I suppose a cabled laptop connection should be setup using a static IP within the iLive IP address range but different to any of the hardware? Thanks once again for your swift and clear reply.

Regards, Adrian.

T112, R72
    iDR32, iDR48
    iStuff

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.