dual rack tutorials

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions dual rack tutorials

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of kentlowt kentlowt 13 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of toneheads
    toneheads
    Participant

hi
    is there nay chance to get some tutorials about the dualrack configurations?

I have to desk one 176 with an idr10 and an 112t with an idr48.
    the 176 and the idr 10 are equipped with rab2 modules and ace and madi cards. the idr10 has a madi card in port B.

the dual rack configuration for these combination is extremly complex, because we have to put the ace card into port b at the idr 10 and it has to be the slave.

I need some sort of drawings or something else, because its to difficult to explain in a few words to a mixer in a dryhire Business.

Same thing with split.

We also need some clear words about how to handle Wordclock, inputs and outputs. Its very complicated to get a little piece here and another one there.

We need some sort of manuals because these 2 setups become more and more popular these days.

greetings Frank

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Frank

Please see the link below to get an understanding of how Dual rack mode works.

https://www.ilive-digital.com/Downloads/Understanding%20Dual%20Rack%20Mode%20in%20iLive.pdf

https://www.ilive-digital.com/downloads.htm

There will also be more documentation following shortly with example applications and a step by step guide on how to configure dual rack.

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of toneheads
    toneheads
    Participant

hi sam
    thanx for the response

i know this document very well, but it describes only the dualrack configuration with ace. i’m on madi.

and if you read the part about outputs on the slaverack….

its not so easy to understand.

I think we need some sort of manuals where theese points are better explained. We tried to figure this out, but we neede one day and a lot of phone calls to marcus to made this setup working.

cheers frank

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

What would be nice is to have the big reference guide updated with all these details hint hint!

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.