PL-6 ,PL-10 abilities

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions PL-6 ,PL-10 abilities

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Steve-Channell Steve-Channell 14 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Steve-Channell
    Steve-Channell
    Participant

I was wanting to install some PL-6s or possibly the PL-10s to work off of a T112/iDR-48 system and was wondering if anyone has some experience with these.

How intense can they be programmed? They have 16 soft keys so could I make them switch between inputs for volume control with the pl-10 to have say.., 16 channels, channel on and off, Aux mutes for fx sends per whatever assigned channel, compressor on and off… whatever I could program those 16 soft keys to do?

Just trying to see the how specific of control you can assign to these controllers.

Profile photo of timtrace
    timtrace
    Participant

I just added a PL-8 to my Editor-driven iDR-32. The PL-8 is a hardwired 4×4 PL-Anet interface. I whipped up a footswitch that has 4 buttons and 4 LEDs in an aluminum chassis, 10M of 6-pair cable and EDAC 20-pin connectors. The switches are typically used onstage as 2 FX return mutes, a tap-tempo and a DCA mute. BUT … I can assign the footswitches to just about anything, and the LEDs are seperately assignable to just about anything. I’d imagine that the other controllers in the PL line are as nearly infinitely addressable.

A fellow in Switzerland recently discussed a limitation in this thread: https://www.ilive-digital.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1064 .

Best of luck to you —

Steve-Channell
    Participant

that’s pretty sweet I must say. Just trying to configure some volunteer safe “mini consoles” with some basic presets and control.

Profile photo of timtrace
    timtrace
    Participant

Absolutely you’ll be able to give them faders and mutes. EQ and dynamics are out of the question though. We need a little hardware surface that emulates the Editor’s super-channel! Oh, wait, that’s the R72 :) :) :)

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

So you are saying you can use the buttons to sort of layer switch the volume controls? Just so I am clear on this.

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Kent

Yes it is possible to setup a layer switching system using the PL devices. You will need to setup a set of scenes with the different settings of the pl device. Then use 1 of the softkeys on the PL-Anet device to recal the scenes with different controls.

There is a PL Sim in the iLive Editor Software which you can download so you can setup and configure PL devices offline – check it out and you will be able to see what functionality is available.

Hope this helps
    Sam A&H

Steve-Channell
    Participant

that’s great i’ll just download the software then. :) Then that will answer all my questions! Thanks everyone.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.