how many computers?

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions how many computers?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCC GCC 14 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of josiaspicone
    josiaspicone
    Participant

Hello everybody! How many computers can I connect using a wifi router at the same time?[?]

Solo se que no se nada

Profile photo of selfmade
    selfmade
    Participant

i know someone useing a t-112 surface with idr48 mix-rack plus two laptopĀ“s at once!

greetings from hamburg

Profile photo of josiaspicone
    josiaspicone
    Participant

thanks for your reply, I already used that way, but I’m interested in how many laptops can I connect, I mean, 10 or 20.

Solo se que no se nada

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

If i remind correctly you can use 16 editor sessions at once. so you can use a surface and 16 laptops to controll everything.

regards

Lieven

T112/IDR48
    Disclaimer: I disclaim everything. The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, inappropriate, misguided, or otherwise perverse – except for my name (hopefully I got that right).

Profile photo of bucks
    bucks
    Participant

Hi Josias,

The maximum number of connections for any part of the iLive system is 20. However in connecting a surface and touch screen computer to a rack 2 connections are used on each node, therefore I think 18 Editor sessions is the upper limit …. however there is an inherent load placed on the rack with each additional editor connected which will have the affect of lowering the frame rate of the system, not to mention at 18 sessions you are probably over the ethernet limit for 10 Base T and 80211b.

So with that many connections I suspect the surface response would be sluggish.

The multicast work being done for 1.60 should address this issue and allow the full number of connections to not affect the responsiveness of the system, but your 3rd party networking H/W will need to be compliant for this to work.

Hope this helps

Andy
    A&H

Profile photo of GCC
    GCC
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by bucks

Hi Josias,

The maximum number of connections for any part of the iLive system is 20. However in connecting a surface and touch screen computer to a rack 2 connections are used on each node, therefore I think 18 Editor sessions is the upper limit …. however there is an inherent load placed on the rack with each additional editor connected which will have the affect of lowering the frame rate of the system, not to mention at 18 sessions you are probably over the ethernet limit for 10 Base T and 80211b.

So with that many connections I suspect the surface response would be sluggish.

The multicast work being done for 1.60 should address this issue and allow the full number of connections to not affect the responsiveness of the system, but your 3rd party networking H/W will need to be compliant for this to work.

Hope this helps

Andy
    A&H

What the system can do, and how it behaves real-time is a different story altogether. Imagine 20 computers accessing the sound console at any one time – I guess the router, or network card will be ‘fried’!! Expect a ‘hang’ or lag in response to the controls.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.