Recording thru Matrix Outs without Main EQ?

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Recording thru Matrix Outs without Main EQ?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mamel mamel 14 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mamel
    mamel
    Participant

Hello,

I’m using a stereo matrix to record my shows. I feed the matrix with the main L/R signal. The only disadvantage is, that I always record the EQed main mix. Is there a possibility to select the “matrix out point”? Or is the only way to use Main as the recording feed and use a matrix out for the PA system an do all the EQing here?

Best regards
    Manuel

Profile photo of CareyD
    CareyD
    Participant

Current firmware does not support selection of the matrix send point. This is being considered for a future release.

Yes, using the matrix out for the PA is a good solution. My typical mix setup is to work with an LRSub main mix (separate feed to the sub bass speakers), then route the main LR via stereo matrix 1 to L and R of the PA, and the main Sub mix via stereo matrix 2 to Sub of the PA. Of course I only need one feed from the Sub stereo matrix but the advantage that gives me is the ability to gang GEQ on those two matrix so that I have instant access to one graphic EQ that affects the whole PA. Stereo matrix 3 and 4 pick up the main mix for a couple recording feeds which are not affected by the main PA EQ. On the surface you can bury the main L, R and Sub masters on a layer you don’t use and then control your main mix from just two strips assigned from stereo matrix 1 and 2.

But that is just one way of working to achieve what you want…
    Regards,
    Carey (A&H)

Profile photo of mamel
    mamel
    Participant

Halo Carey,
    that’s exactly what I wanted to know. Nice to read that i wasn’t too far away. The idea of ganging the two matrix for using one EQ is great.

Profile photo of coco2222
    coco2222
    Participant

Also, I think that If you put your Main LR in PRE for your Matrix should bypass the EQ altogether. I used this function to send audio to a TV station without affecting my PA mix…

Coco

Profile photo of CareyD
    CareyD
    Participant

Just to clarify… In the current version of firmware, both the pre and post fade sends to the matrix are post-EQ so the main mix EQ will affect the matrix even if you set it pre fader.
    Regards,
    Carey

Profile photo of frozenwaffles
    frozenwaffles
    Participant

hi all, this feature is not for ‘consideration’?!?! please include it, we need it! thankyou very much…:)

Profile photo of Detonator
    Detonator
    Participant

Could you not mix the house from the matrix outs (using matrix eqs) and record from the L-R outs (eq bypassed)?

Tim Tyler
    Richmond, Va,
    US

Profile photo of selfmade
    selfmade
    Participant

that would be suggestion, too!

Profile photo of mamel
    mamel
    Participant

I mentioned using the matrix for the main PA in my original post. I still think that this is the easiest way…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.