Locking down mains GEQ & delay settings

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Locking down mains GEQ & delay settings

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mumu mumu 14 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jz6563
    jz6563
    Participant

Hi All,

First let me say that I am very new to the iLive T (and digital consoles for that matter) world, so if this is a stupid question please forgive me. I have watched many of the A & H demos and riffled through the manual in search of how to lock down these main output related paramers so that as we change FOH guys, the final house EQs, delays,… stick no matter what “show” they load up. Right now we are saving the setups for each guy as shows (maybe that’s the problem), but I think that is the only way to restore surface layouts customized for each FOH guys liking.

Am I missing an obvious way to lock down the mains related parameters and still change out surface layouts, FX, grouping configs,… as desired by each mix guy?

Thanks in advance for your help,

JZ

Profile photo of jz6563
    jz6563
    Participant

Oh yes, one more question. Is there a way to copy only certain aspects of a show (say IEM, wedge mixes,…) from one show to another?

I realize that my sources configs would have to remain consistant, but in my case they do pretty much.

I guess what I am really looking for is a way to easily change the surface layout from one user to another and leave the backend mixes (house and mons) consistent.

JZ

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

i save setups as scenes (i run 1 show loading a different one takes to much time) and from there on i create a (in my case called “basic” scene)
    wich is my point of return in case i need it.

then depending on the events

Lets say a open air festival where there are only line checks and monitor adjustments one hardly needs another scene as it is a “work in progress thing” channel names are quickly imported via the editor and simple txt. files. The editor is a must because it helps you to change the strips very effectively and quickly (make the console look like the engineer wants)

if the engineers want to make their own setup before they come to the event (they have the editor or even the ilive) it is best to send em your show (coz you use different hardware outputs (going to amps and so on)then you have the scene mangager in editor…
    besides that you can in and exclude items from being stored in scenes
    and scene safe buttons on the channel strips in editor

so overall: you want to work with scenes not with shows

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 10 /

Profile photo of grahamwhite
    grahamwhite
    Participant

Bear in mind that in a festival scenario if i were to walk upto the house console with my showfile (doesnt matter what sort of file, PM5D, DSHOW, ILIVE etc)…

I would fully expect the house guy to take this showfile and load it first into a computer and go through the i/o and make sure it is all good. Maybe making a few recall safes here and there and maybe moving output assignments too. And then finally load it into the “live” console as a scene to later recall.

I always send a template showfile out to everyone when im a house guy in the hope that someone actually uses it… They rarely do…sigh:(

Profile photo of jz6563
    jz6563
    Participant

Thanks Guys !

Yup after playing with the Scenes a bit I realized real fast that trying to updates shows on a user to user level isn’t the way to go. The scenes change layouts perfectly and allow me to maintain a stable I/O infrastructure and mains / mons EQ & delay settings.

Thanks for the help !!!

JZ

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by grahamwhite

I always send a template showfile out to everyone when im a house guy in the hope that someone actually uses it… They rarely do…sigh:(

same here i also gave up in preparing (only) strip naming this summer i had a festival with 48 shows none (!) of them where like requested on the bands riders…its useless….ever since i do naming when the bands tec s on the set…its sad in fact almost nobody takes the advantage one has with digital consoles for real….

i think it has to do with the withspread of yamaha consoles
    i tried to make some presets for my standard bands (by calling the distributor and asking wich models are standing around in switzerland)
    now here it is : you cant make one template for all the desks coz they do not comunicate there is not even a tool to import strip naming
    from one model to the other and forget about a little more complex things like a eq or filter or phantom…really stooooopid and probably the (understandable)reason why the engineers around dont do that.

cheers
    dave

Profile photo of grahamwhite
    grahamwhite
    Participant

Dave, where in Switzerland are you?

Last week i did 3 club shows and none of the Sound Companies had an iLive available, its good to have contacts like yourself, i do a fair bit in and around Switzerland. What have you got available?

19th Nov – Platinum & Gold Club – Geneva – LS9
    20th Nov – St Germain Club – Zurich – Midas Venice
    21st Nov – Mad Club – Lausanne – M7CL

All the shows went ok, but desk hopping each night was just time consuming when i could have been drinking at the bar instead!

Graham

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

we have the iLive-144 /idr 10 /

my contact:

my (cell)phone 41 (0)78 874 50 05

Sound & Light Pool GmbH
    Rosentalstrasse 26
    CH-4058 Basel

as i can see you do a lot in the french part (3 hrs ride) – i could hook you up with
    the swiss distributor (in vevey) that would be closer they rent out their demo (same like i have) ..zurich would be my case(1 hr ride)
    just let me know we are quick[;)]

cheers
    dave

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.