iLive T112 : very slow processing ???

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions iLive T112 : very slow processing ???

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Albin Albin 14 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of FVO
    FVO
    Participant

Hi all !

I’m a french sound engineer, and I used the iLive T112 for the first time this week end.

Everything was OK and quite intuitive, but something really surprised me.

When I tried to use basic operations (like linking two mono inputs to a stereo pair), the system systematically showed a “SYSTEM BUSY” pop-up window during at least 20/30 seconds.

I really wonder if this quite long “latency time” is normal. I don’t think so, and would like to be informed of your personal experience with the iLive series.

PS : the T112 was running with firmware 1.43

Thanks, and sorry for my “not so good” english.

François

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Did you use channel ganging to link the mono channels or the setup (Mono/Stereo) settings window?. Using the mono/stereo set up will require the system to completely reconfigure it’s processing and should not be done “live”. Use channel ganging to link two mono channels. I don’t think that using channel ganging should require a long “system Busy” wait however I can’t verify this at the moment as my iLive is set up at a local venue.

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

Yes – it was discussed a lot in another Thread on another board.
    Configuring two mono inputs to an stereo inputs needs to reconfiger the whole system and took a while.
    Use channel ganging for stereo channes dont need to reconfigure the system and can be done from one second to the other…

For myself it was one of the best buys in my whole life – it sounds fantastic (compared to other desks in that price range and even higher) and is easy to use.
    And of course the digital snake is awesome!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.