Reply To: Error message but recording OK

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Error message but recording OK Reply To: Error message but recording OK

Profile photo of DHOYTDHOYT
Participant

Hi Andreas, in your post above, you said:

“And just to repeat some hints for recording multitrack on HDD:
– always start recording on a freshly formatted device (no fragmentation at all)

UNDERSTOOD TO MEAN FORMATTED BY THE QU DESK.

– do not copy additional files from a PC to that drive (recording need to seek around that data)
DO YOU MEAN LIKE WAV FILES FOR 2 TK PLAYBACK FOR PRESHOW ETC. OR SHOW, OR PATCH INFORMATION?

– do not erase files/sessions (this also requires additional seeking)

I TAKE THIS TO MEAN THAT AFTER TRANSFERRING MULTI TRACK SESSIONS TO THE COMPUTER THAT ONE CAN NOT JUST ERASE THE SESSION. RATHER, THE DRIVE NEEDS TO BE REFORMATTED BEFORE THE NEXT SESSION. IS THAT CORRECT?

– do not defragment a multitrack recording (interleaved tracks will get sorted, resulting in additional seek times)

I’m using WD Passport 500 gig and have yet to get consistent multitrack recordings from my QU24 desk. One 2hr show will record just fine and the next won’t. I think what your saying is that the drive should be reformatted before every session and that if I wanted to use another feature like 2tk playback, or virtual sound check, that it should be on a separate drive. is that correct?

Thanks,
David