Volume low in headphones

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ troubleshooting Volume low in headphones

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Robert Robert 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jaxo
    Jaxo
    Participant

I have a CQ-18T and it seems like I have to have the volume maxed out on the headphones to be a decent volume. I don’t have this issue on any other mixers or interfaces. I have the gain on the proper level. I am using Audio Technica ATH-M50x’s. Do these units just not have much power in the headphone outs?

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

Mine is pretty loud but definitely cranked up more than my QU mixers.
    Where my QU was sitting just past 12 o’clock, my CQ is sitting at 3:30 for a similar level.
    I must check the separate limiter function (which the QU didn’t have) hasn’t been engaged stealthily!

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

I have to say that when I have tried out my Apple earbuds it was very loud indeed, no problems on that front.

Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

I have this problem too. I’ve been told on these forums, that in general, the headphone outs are pretty loud and don’t need a headphone amp.

I haven’t tried to troubleshoot this, but the suggestions were to either factory reset the mixer, or RMA it.

In either case, it should be plenty loud.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.