Talk back / live mic (backing vocals from console )

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Talk back / live mic (backing vocals from console )

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Gardacus (Mike) Gardacus (Mike) 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Gardacus (Mike)
    Gardacus (Mike)
    Participant

Hello all

I am in quite a unique situation that I am both technician AND backing vocalist.

I have 2 questions regarding this.

1. Is it possible to “fixate” the head phone output to a monitor mix, so I don’t have to switch from L/R (FOH) to my monitor group, losing possible Talk Back (as that is only sent to monitor mix).
    I suspect the answer is no, and I can only use a separate output in the back with a head phone amp, use a second in-ear or so. But it is worth tryhing.

2. More importantly. My head-set mic is on local channel 4. I also assigned talk back to that mic, but now have to mute myself on L/R to avoid talkback being heard over the FOH. Is is possible to make/program some kind of toggle? So that when I push the TALK, it mutes the mic for FOH? Would be nice if that is possible if a mic AND talkback are assigned on the same channel.
    Or is there a better workaround? And then not having to use 2 microphones, because that I can figure out 😉

Thanks guys!

Regards

Mike

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Maybe an external XLR selector foot switch would to select where you mic output
    is routed to.
    Something like this……https://www.whirlwindusa.com/products/black-boxes-effects-and-dis-miclineinst-switchers-selector-xl

With a creative foot switch you could use the SQ’s internal foot switch option
    to control muting your mic channel and activating the talk back mode.

Profile photo of Gardacus (Mike)
    Gardacus (Mike)
    Participant

Food for thought

Thanks Mike C

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.