SQ-6 & Logic Pro RTA/EQ

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ-6 & Logic Pro RTA/EQ

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Erniberni Erniberni 4 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jrogers
    jrogers
    Participant

I run a SQ-6 board and want to see if the following is possible in a live performance. Since A&H still hasn’t offered RTA over EQ like the Behringer/Midas 32 models, is it possible to EQ inputs channels in Logic Pro and send the signal back to the SQ-6 and out of the main output? So the signal would be: input on the board -> Logic -> DCA/Main. Or is there any other workflow to get RTA’s over EQ?

Thanks in advance

Profile photo of JTRJAMMER
    JTRJAMMER
    Participant

Well the way to be sure this works ($$) would be to get the Waves Expansion Card, set up Sound Grid server and use inserts to and from Waves. Not too familiar with Waves plugins, but believe they have something like what you want. Others might know for sure, but believe this is the lowest latency (Maybe Dante, depending on outboard set up) you can get other than the A&H native plug-ins. As far as routing to a DAW I think the latency would prevent this from being a viable solution, although I’ve heard/read others discussing a similar workflow, so maybe they have some experience. For the routing it would be input channel out to a USB-B channel into DAW, out of DAW to a USB-B input on the SQ-5 then the input USB channel patched to L/R Main, Auxes etc. You’ll eat up two channels, one for input and one for return USB. Maybe try 1 channel to hear the results. However, don’t test with just the 1 channel, make sure you have other inputs not routing in/out USB-B so you can observe any latency artifacts.

Profile photo of jrogers
    jrogers
    Participant

Thanks for the advice, what A&H plugins would need to be used? With my current setup, I’m only using 14 inputs so I wouldn’t mind eating up the extra inputs to dial in the EQ. What kind of DAW setup would be required to do this? The only thing I’ve ever done was set up MIDI channels to play from logic to soundboard? I’m guessing there’s something either in Logic or the routing on the SQ to setup the input/outputs.

JTRJAMMER
    Participant

Look at Chapter 13 in the manual, specifically chapter 13.3 on how to connect the SQ to your computer via the USB-B connection on the back. Once connected to computer use the DAW software of your choice. Regarding using the USB-B interface, Waves card, or Dante card, Keith from Allen & Heath posted this a while back:

Profile photo of jrogers
    jrogers
    Participant

Is there supposed to be a link or attachment you were trying to send?

JTRJAMMER
    Participant
    Profile photo of Erniberni
    Erniberni
    Participant

I think the problem about your setup idea is that as far as I understood theres no simultaneous playback from and send to usb …. So you would to play out from your interface …. Makes no real sense …. Paying for a console and give the sum of signals to a interface.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.