Scene recall does not “undo” linked channels

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ troubleshooting Scene recall does not “undo” linked channels

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of sportersporter
    Participant

I just received my CQ-12T, and I love it! I came across a small bug. Not sure where to post it, so I chose the troubleshooting section. Please let me know if a feature request would be a better option in the future.

Here is how to recreate this bug.

1) Create a scene with all individual channels and save it using HOME -> Scene -> Store New -> Scene Name
    2) Using Home -> Home -> Quick Start – Recall the Jazz config (notice that Input 3 & 4 are linked)
    3) Using HOME -> Scene – Recall the saved scene from step 1

The channels have been restored, but Channels 3 & 4 are still linked (when they were not when I saved the scene in step #1

Thanks in advance,
    Best,
    Steven Porter

Profile photo of SQuserSQuser
    Participant

This is already a standard question here, which is difficult to find due to the inadequate search function that is at least 11 years old.
    Your problem is not a bug, but a technical specification.
    The linking of inputs cannot be saved in scenes, only in shows.
    See also your manual page 29.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of KeithJ A&HKeithJ A&H

Hi @sporter

Glad you’re loving your new CQ 🙂
    This is definitely something to be aware of, though is not a bug because it works as intended.

Stereo linking of channels is not included in Scenes, but Shows, as explained here – https://www.allen-heath.com/content/uploads/2023/09/CQ_User_Guide_V1_2_0_iss3.pdf#page=28&zoom=auto,-307,574
    This is because changing the stereo linking changes the core architecture, so there is a (very fast) reboot that causes a split second audio dropout, which is a definite no no for Scene recalls where the change must be instant and seamless.

However, the Quick Start options are provided as a starting point (for a Show rather than a Scene), so they DO change the stereo linking, and also interrupt audio.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.