RTA-GEQ linking / Compination GEQ/RTA

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions RTA-GEQ linking / Compination GEQ/RTA

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of DocDocDocDoc DocDocDocDoc 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DocDocDocDoc
    DocDocDocDoc
    Participant

Hi there,

not yet the owner of a Qu16 but planning (especially since now Windows support ist there). One feature that I miss from the manual: The RTA seems to display to most dominant frequency (“peak band”) but then that’s that.

I currenetly use a Alesis DEQ831 which has the following very convenient function: Just push the button below the peak band in the RTA and there you are in GEQ mode, where you can lower that band.

That would be really something for the Qu16… however I don’t know how this could be implemented in a good way. Some combined mode of GEQ and RTA would be extremely cool. (This would also solve the issue that the GEQ has only 28 bands, while the normal RTA has 31.)

Best
    Doc4

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

Hi Doc,

Are you aware that in GEQ flip mode, the channel meters change to represent their respective frequency bands?

DocDocDocDoc
    Participant

So does this mean that I can be in fader flip mode while the display shows the RTA?

I’m just thinking it would be extremely handy to have an RTA integrated in the fader flip mode’s display.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

You can have the RTA displayed on the screen while adjusting the GEQ’s using the fader flip mode.
    I do this all the time.

DocDocDocDoc
    Participant

Fair enough, Brendon, this does the job. But let me nag on this again: It would be great if there was something in the display stating if I’m in the lower half of the GEQ or the upper half with my faders. Actually when I’m on the Processing screen of a mix channel, this is indicated, but not so while I’m on the RTA screen.

Still, some link would be great. One thing I could imagine: The peak band indicator could also make the Sel LED of the corresponding band in GEQ mode flash. However, this should only be active, when PAFL is active for and only for the mix on which GEQ mode is on, otherwise there would be great confusion ahead.

Another thought: Having the RTA on any PAFL signal is great, but it would also great to auto-link it to the mix currently selected instead.

These two features together would allow you to quickly step through all of your mixes, seeing what’s going on and if needed directly adjusting things with the GEQ.

DocDocDocDoc
    Participant

Still, some link would be great. One thing I could imagine: The peak band indicator could also make the Sel LED of the corresponding band in GEQ mode flash.

“d’oh!”, as Homer S. would say – the Peak LEDs are doing exactly this already. How could I not have found out?

🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.