Reconfigure AUX and GROUPs

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Reconfigure AUX and GROUPs

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of keywe8 keywe8 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SpicerBob
    SpicerBob
    Participant

Hi All,
    When I set up my SQ5 I had all MIXs set to AUX. I use 1-8 for foldback, 11 for satellite room & 12 for live stream. Now I would like to use 2 AUXes for GROUPs. What’s the best way to do this without losing what I’ve already got set up. I don’t mind if they don’t end up assigned to the original MIXes, just so long as I can get to them all.
    Thanks in advance…

Profile photo of keywe8
    keywe8
    Participant

Copy Aux 11 & 12 settings and paste to Aux 9 & 10. Change the split of Aux/groups to 10 aux and 2 groups. Easy peasy.

SpicerBob
    Participant

Thanks keywe8, does that mean that
    a) it always puts the AUXes before the GROUPS?
    b) AUXes 1-8 will not be affected?

Profile photo of keywe8
    keywe8
    Participant

Yes. Standard configuration is aux 1-8 for mixes and aux 9-12 for groups. If you change from 8 aux’s to 10, aux 11 & 12 will be groups.

SpicerBob
    Participant

Brilliant. Thanks so much.

Profile photo of keywe8
    keywe8
    Participant

I’m curious, what inputs are you intending to “group” to aux’s 11 & 12 and why?

SpicerBob
    Participant

We have an electronic drum kit with only a single output. I want to experiment with splitting the signal to 2 or 3 inputs to provide different processing to different frequency ranges. Then when I’m happy just use a group fader for the final band mix.

Profile photo of keywe8
    keywe8
    Participant

Are you part of a church music ministry? I have served in music ministry for two years now (I’m 68). I play drums but I also sometimes serve on the tech side (X32 at church). I personally have a small recording studio and sometimes provide live audio reinforcement for events. I deploy my SQ5 for those. I recently upgraded from QU to SQ. Both solid boards but the SQ is clearly a quantum leap over QU in many ways.
    Remember when assigning inputs to your subgroups, to deselect sending those inputs to your mains. Only send them to your aux groups and then send the aux groups to the mains. Don’t send both. That is a common mistake.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.