Question: The SQ Series USB-B Connection • 32 Channels at 96kHz?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Question: The SQ Series USB-B Connection • 32 Channels at 96kHz?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SQuser SQuser 6 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Hi:

Having checked the reference guide, but wanting just double check:

Q: If I already have captured 32 channels of audio at 96kHz and it’s in the DAW on my Mac, Can I stream those 32 channels into the SQ series at 96kHz?

I ask because similar, although less expensive mixers with USB interfaces, can push 32 channels only at the lower 44.1 or 48 kHz rates. On other mixers, if you want to achieve 96kHz on 32 channels, you can’t; you have to bring your channel count to half.

From the reference guide:
    “SQ USB-B connection
    – 48kHz or 96kHz
    – I/O channel count 32×32 simultaneous
    – Free patching to and from SQ/USB-B”
    • It sounds like you can pass 32 channels from your DAW at the full 96kHz.

Is that correct?

Thanks,

Scott

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@scott

Yes – that is correct!

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

@keithjah, I’ve already bought the Dante card for this, but, since you obv have the bandwidth, is there a reason not to push 64 channels at 48k?

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@nottooloud

The core routing for USB is up to 32 channels in either direction. With V1.5.0 we introduced the 48kHz sample rate option, which meant all those channels could be used by SQ-Drive, but there are still the same total number.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

Ah, I see. Yamaha breaks the 32 channel barrier by using their own drivers? Yeah, rather be driver free.

Profile photo of Tré
    Tré
    Participant

Have been having issues with SQ6 affecting the signal being recorded into pro tools. I used a gate on the kick drum and once I checked the signal in pro tools the kick signal was also gated. Is there a way to make everything recorded into pro tools pre-fader?

Thanks

Profile photo of SQuser
    SQuser
    Participant

You’re obviously using the Direct Outs.
    Here you can choose the source (manual page 39).
    Instead of the direct outs, you can also use the Tie Lines in the patch, which always work without signal processing.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.