Qu-You signal but nothing in headphones

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu-You signal but nothing in headphones

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Em Em 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Em
    Em
    Participant

I’m seeing signal using Qu-You on iPad but not hearing the sound in headphones. Volume is up ( LOL)
    I can move the fader on board or iPad and everything works that way.
    Need some guidence
    thank you

Profile photo of tjmcsorley
    tjmcsorley
    Participant

I’m guessing that you have your headphones plugged into your iPhone/iPad? if that’s true, that’s not the intent of the QU-You App. Think of the QU-You App as another Remote Control to your QU mixing console. It allows you to move faders on the console, without having to be at the console (i.e. it allows band members to mix their own monitors). So that’s all it is for is to make remote fader movements only. There is NO audio sent from the QU console to your iPad/iPhone.

Audio is only sent OUT of the various outputs of the console… or out through a remote dSnake extender box if you have one of those. So any console output that has an audio mix directed to that output, can have it’s audio contributors “mixed” at the console manually… or “remotely” using the QU-You App (or QU-Pad App).

If you want to use headphones, you will need to setup a headphone AMP that you can feed your various QU console MIX and now potentially GROUP outputs into. Then you can plug your headphones into that headphone AMP, and presto… headphone monitoring!

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Latency over wifi would be intolerable.

You need headphones connected to the desk as said above.
    For a stereo mix the titchy mixers make excellent value headphone preamps 😉

Profile photo of Em
    Em
    Participant

Thank ya’ll so much!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.