Qu-Sb Output Routing Question

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu-Sb Output Routing Question

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of djsuperdock djsuperdock 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of djsuperdock
    djsuperdock
    Participant

Hello everyone, I am considering purchasing a Qu-Sb for the purposes of mixing PA and IEM for a band. I am a little confused by these descriptions of the unit:

Up to 11 Monitor Mixes (4 mono + 7 stereo)
    4 Stereo Groups (switchable to Mix mode)

We already have a setup of 6 stereo IEM transmitters and I am wondering if/how I can route monitor mixes from the qu-sb to the IEM. I see that there are 3 dedicated pairs of stereo XLR outputs on the qu-sb. It looks like the intended use is to route mixes 5-6, 7-8, and 9-10 to these pairs of outputs. Then there are the 4 XLR outputs labeled “mono”. I see that those likely correspond to the Mix 1, 2, 3, and 4. But I am not interested in mono mixes, so I am wondering if I can instead take “Group 1-2”, switch it to be a “mix”, and then route it to XLR output 1 and 2? Or are those mono XLR outputs “locked” to the mono mixes 1 through 4?

I realize that to get 6 stereo IEM mixes I would still likely need to purchase additional I/O but I am wondering if I would essentially be wasting those 4 mono XLR outputs with my use case.

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

The answer to your last question is key; if want to call it “waste it” then yes you’re right.

You can actually output 4 stereo auxes by assigning one of the groups/mixes to the matrix out so adding an AR804 would give you 6 stereo auxes total.

Hth

Giga

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

The IO in the any of the QU’s is hardware locked to the associated mix……..with the exception of the ALT OUT and AES out, but the SB does not have those outputs. As suggested the matrix out would give you one more stereo mix by routing a group/mix through it.
    With the exception the QU16 all the others have matrix mix outs.

The stage box IO’s are fully patchable.

Profile photo of djsuperdock
    djsuperdock
    Participant

Thanks for the responses guys! I am correct that the Qu-Sb and Qu-Pac are the only rack mixers available from Allen and Heath?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.