Qu Android app, anyone interested?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu Android app, anyone interested?

This topic contains 206 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of davidgiga1993 davidgiga1993 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of davidgiga1993
    davidgiga1993
    Participant

@nzdave

Can you ping the IP address of mixer from your computer?

If yes, can you try downloading the app “Fing network tools” in the emulator and test if it finds the IP of the mixer. If it doesn’t find the IP it’s a emulator network issue.

If your pc can’t ping the mixer make sure all addresses are set correctly. When directly connecting the mixer you must assign a static IP address to the mixer, as well as to your pc.

Profile photo of lostonce
    lostonce
    Participant

Wow, thank you! It’s a disappointment that A&H hasn’t been able to do this. A single person in his free time can do it as we can see now!

How can I donate without having a google account? Can I buy a pro version without the google account?

Thank you very much for your work! We would have waited for decades for the manufacturer to produce this app!

Profile photo of Davy
    Davy
    Participant

Good work David, Had a play in offline mode and like it a lot, will get the Pro version too. Not hooked it up to my QU-16 yet but will soon. Very similar in use to the app produced by Behr***** which I use with my XR16 so that’s a bonus!

davidgiga1993
    Participant

How can I donate without having a google account? Can I buy a pro version without the google account?

You can buy it on amazon if you don’t have a google account 🙂

Good work David, Had a play in offline mode and like it a lot, will get the Pro version too. Not hooked it up to my QU-16 yet but will soon. Very similar in use to the app produced by Behr***** which I use with my XR16 so that’s a bonus!

Thanks!
    The XR series app are also produced by myself – just for them.

Profile photo of Davy
    Davy
    Participant

I did suspect that might be the case! 🙂

Profile photo of tylermartin86
    tylermartin86
    Participant

David,

Wow, I just downloaded the free version of your app on my phone. Even though I don’t have a QU series console yet, I will be purchasing the pro version. This app is incredibly easy to use and has a great workflow. It is amazing that you were able to do this in your free time. I think everyone who will use this app should purchase it.

I’m thinking out loud here, but would a good feature to suggest be different users? For example, a small church will be purchasing a QU-Pac in the next year or so. When one of the sound guys go in to mix, they should have full functionality. However, I would only give most users just the ability to mute and control the faders. Is this something that many people would want, or is it just me? (the users would be on the tablet in this scenario. The tablet will live with the console and be used by multiple people)

Thank you for all of your hard work in making this app for android a reality. I’m sure that many people here are rejoicing at the ability to use an android device instead of spending a bunch of money on an Apple device.

davidgiga1993
    Participant

Wow, I just downloaded the free version of your app on my phone. Even though I don’t have a QU series console yet, I will be purchasing the pro version. This app is incredibly easy to use and has a great workflow. It is amazing that you were able to do this in your free time. I think everyone who will use this app should purchase it.

I’m thinking out loud here, but would a good feature to suggest be different users? For example, a small church will be purchasing a QU-Pac in the next year or so. When one of the sound guys go in to mix, they should have full functionality. However, I would only give most users just the ability to mute and control the faders. Is this something that many people would want, or is it just me? (the users would be on the tablet in this scenario. The tablet will live with the console and be used by multiple people)

Thank you for all of your hard work in making this app for android a reality. I’m sure that many people here are rejoicing at the ability to use an android device instead of spending a bunch of money on an Apple device.

Thanks! 🙂

I already thought about access restriction within the app but I don’t have a concept yet. Might take some time as this is a rather complex thing to implement.
    Currently I’m working on a more customizable mixer UI as well as usb midi integration for the Qu version of the app.

Profile photo of gilly
    gilly
    Participant

David it looks.a hrest ap, well done.
    At the moment we are using the A&H Qu-Pad on iPad but i will try your ap on my Samsung S5 phone on Sunday. I am playing with your ap offline and have a few queries:
    I can’t figure how to adjust gain and PEQ on the channels. How is this done. Also re the Layers, if i go into Layer Ch1-8 and hold and into Edit i can’t do anything with the channels. So what is the function of the Layers?

Profile photo of gilly
    gilly
    Participant

David it looks a great ap, well done.
    At the moment we are using the A&H Qu-Pad on iPad but i will try your ap on my Samsung S5 phone on Sunday. I am playing with your ap offline and have a few queries:
    I can’t figure how to adjust gain and PEQ on the channels. How is this done? Also re the Layers, if i go into Layer Ch1-8 and hold and into Edit i can’t do anything with the channels. So what is the function of the Layers and how to use them. Is it like the Custom Layer on the Qu-24 console ?

davidgiga1993
    Participant

David it looks a great ap, well done.
    I can’t figure how to adjust gain and PEQ on the channels. How is this done? Also re the Layers, if i go into Layer Ch1-8 and hold and into Edit i can’t do anything with the channels. So what is the function of the Layers and how to use them. Is it like the Custom Layer on the Qu-24 console ?

You need to press on the channel button in order to open the channel overview.
    There you can access the gain and other stuff like the PEQ.

When press and hold a layer button it opens the layer edit view. There you can configure the layers by dragging the channels or pressing the “+” menu button to add more channels to a layer.

A more detailed description about these topics can be found here:
    https://bugs.dev-core.org/w/ms/manual/

Profile photo of gilly
    gilly
    Participant

Thanks

Profile photo of krazykev
    krazykev
    Participant

just been trying this App and its great thanks for your work , I am having a connection problem where the app will sync to the desk then as soon as I change page on the app it is no longer synced, will sometimes still control desk but everything is at zero . I’m using static IP and a laptop with Droid4x, also tried on my droid phone and it will control desk but fails to sync any ideas?

davidgiga1993
    Participant

just been trying this App and its great thanks for your work , I am having a connection problem where the app will sync to the desk then as soon as I change page on the app it is no longer synced, will sometimes still control desk but everything is at zero . I’m using static IP and a laptop with Droid4x, also tried on my droid phone and it will control desk but fails to sync any ideas?

Which mixer model do you have?
    The app only changes to the mixer view when the sync data was fully received so I’m not sure whats going on here.

What message comes up when you try to connect your phone?
    Keep in mind that only one instance of the app can be connected at a time.

Profile photo of krazykev
    krazykev
    Participant

QU16
    will sync and work as it should, but if I select 9-16 then go to st ret, or any other “move” it looses sync, still functions but is not showing whats happening on the mixer
    no message on phone everything works but its not showing what is on the mixer , its like the data is only flowing one way
    yes only using one at a time

Profile photo of gilly
    gilly
    Participant

David i tried connecting my Galaxy S5 phone using your ap (via wifi using Archer C2 router)but it keeps coming up with ‘failed to connect’ message. I am currently using this router for ipad wireless control of our Qu-24 with Qu-pad, and i set the IP address on your ap to the same IP address of the Qu-24 and router (192.168.1.60) but no joy ??

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 207 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.